Senior Accountant - Fixed Term Contract to April 2024
Finance – Financial Control and Reporting /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The Senior Accountant Spain will report to the EMEA South Regional Controller and will have key responsibility for all aspects of accounting for all the operations of Sophos Iberia. This includes all elements of the Spanish finance functions covering, AP/AR supervision, general accounting & balance sheet control, being the main contact for consultants and for annual audits. You will also be responsible for month end processes, variance analysis and ensuring timely and accurate reporting for all statutory returns including VAT, WHT, CIT and statutory accounts.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for accounting functions and month end closing procedures to strict close deadlines.
- Provide analysis for monthly/quarterly/annual variances to Plan/Forecast on costs with significant variances investigated and justified where applicable to EMEA South Regional Controller.
- Take ownership of accounting areas such as accruals and provisions, GRNI, Investments and fixed assets
- Carry out 2-month Cash Flow Forecast and analysis of variances
- Manage Sales tax (VAT), EC Sales list, Intrastat, WHT and Corporate Tax returns ensuring that reporting deadlines for filings and payments are met.
- Liaise with the HR local Partner to ensure smooth integration of new joiners/departure of leavers according to local labor laws in place is covered
- Support HR/Compensation/Benefits with personal benefit in kind and relevant local contracts (e.g. health/pension)
- Follow up and coordination of the Car Fleet
- Support to Local Office in Madrid
What You Will Bring:
- Fluent English and Spanish skills are essential
- Degree or equivalent in a Finance /Business-related subject
- Practical experience of all aspects of the month end accounting processes
- Working with external auditors and managing elements of the audit process in accordance with local and Group GAAPs
- Understanding of the accounting practices and standards under Local GAAP and IFRSThe ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and oral communication skills
- Excellent practice in Excel, knowledge in SAP is a major asset
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.