Sales Engineer - Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Join our team as an MDR Sales Engineer, being responsible for providing pre-sales support for Managed Detection and Response to the Global sales organization as well as actively working with customers experiencing breaches through the Sophos incident response service.
- Provide support to the Global sales organization by being a subject matter experts on SOPHOS Managed Detection and Response, Rapid Response, and Sophos Labs telemetry
- Work with all sales and account teams to provide support via remote engagements, product demonstrations, and answers to technical questions about our service offerings and threat intelligence
- Provide light availability for night and weekend rotations in support of selling SOPHOS Rapid Response incident response service
- Proactively manage and deliver technical information to customers and partners while building and maintaining key technical relationships.
- Work closely with product management and Sophos Labs to provide customer and partner feedback on features and product direction.
- Maintain an understanding of current threat landscape and shifting threat actor tactics to advise customers and partners of warning signs
What We are Looking For
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing software technical support to channel partners and end users (e.g., designing, managing, administering, and supporting technical solutions)
- Technical knowledge of networking, endpoint security concepts
- Strong presentation, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of security software industry, including competitors, market needs and trends
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Sophos solutions or similar competitive products is a plus
- Certifications in networking, security or cloud space is a plus
- Experience managing IT infrastructure
- Experience with pre-sales technical support
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.