Manager | IT- DevOps
Information Technology and Security – IT Infrastructure and Services /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
This role is responsible for providing technical leadership of the 24x7 operations team responsible for supporting and maintaining the organisation's product and internal environments. This includes Incident management, RCA, 24/7 monitoring of the production virtual and physical technology stack, resolution of issues following standard operation procedures and the management of the business-wide major incident process.
What you will do
- Technically lead the IT Operations team consisting of 3 FTEs with a focus on AWS technologies
- Responsible for driving operation excellence within the team with a clear focus on SDLC methodology, DevOps monitoring, alerting, process efficiency and defining KPI’s.
- Lead the strategic direction of the team and build the technical strategy/roadmap by working with the key business stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the IT Operations Team including but not limited to, recruitment, objective setting, performance reviews, career development and coaching, resource scheduling, demand management and day-to-day management
- Responsible for defining the required organizational structure needed to meet the business requirements and recruiting the top talent into Sophos
- Responsible for managing the department’s budget and associated BAU/project expenditures against forecast and plan
- Drive an automation-first strategy within the department with a view to improving consistency and speed of service delivery
- Lead and coordinate on high-impact, urgent and complicated support issues acting as escalation point. This includes the management of the communication processes to the business
What you will bring
- Experience of managing a team in a very diverse and de-centralized environment including international experience
- Over 5+ years of team Management
- Over 5+ years of experience as a high performing Operations Engineer
- Open and transparent leadership style that builds trust and motivates teams and individuals
- Sets the overall direction for the department and encourages a high degree of accountability and autonomy is the delivery of the department’s goals
- Strong written and verbal communicator that can convey information to all levels of the business
- Good financial control based on meeting budgets, self-funding initiatives and delivering on ROI
- Excellent relationship skills which are based on integrity and trust. Able to forge relationships at all levels within the organization
- Able to assess the talent within existing teams, acquire new talent and make any targeted attrition if needed
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.