Software Engineer (C& Linux- Firewall)
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As part of a product development team, you will perform software development activities throughout the life cycle with focus on products or systems, including design, coding, documentation, debugging, and testing of software to create the next generation cyber security products and services.
What You will do
- Design and develop products or systems in line with asset technical strategy, specified project timescales, quality and functionality requirements as agreed with the Product management.
- Define and support appropriate Unit, System and Integration testing on own code and others across the product or system, fixing errors and entering defects into the defect tracking system, highlighting potential implications on other products or systems.
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews of code, designs and specifications as requested by Development Lead or Manager.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams including software developers, testers, and product managers.
- Adhere to coding best practices and standards, policies and processes set for project.
- Prioritize multiple activities and schedule your own time to deliver against agreed objectives.
- Review requirements specifications for coverage, identify areas that require further clarification, and suggest alternative approaches to Product Management, in line with business needs.
- Propose, promote, and drive the adoption of new design and development approaches to improve overall quality, reliability, and speed of implementation across projects or own team.
What you will bring
- Bachelors or Master of Science in Computer Software, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 to 7 years of work experience in C/C++ programming, Linux system programming, Linux kernel programming
- Big advantage of having domain experience in networking, routing, network security, cryptography, TCP/IP stack, application protocols like DHCP, DNS, LDAP, HTTP, HTTPS, TLS, Virtual platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, VM
- Great problem solver, quality-driven, self-initiative, creative, adaptive, listener, collaborator
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.