Technical Support Engineer L1 (Endpoint Security)
Makati City, Philippines
Customer Support & Services – Support Operations /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As a Technical Support Engineer L1 (Endpoint Security), you will have the opportunity to support our customers and learn cutting edge technologies in the dynamic software security space.
What You Will Do
- Having a strong customer service focus with the commitment to excellence and desire to delight customers and being a customer ambassador who is passionate about creating a positive customer experience
- Solving technical problems and delivering an experience so profound that customers love using our products and services and actively recommend them to others
- Learning and utilizing specific software tools and problem-solving strategies to solve for customer issues and continuously improve our processes
- Handle customer complaints and escalations (via phone, email, remote desktop) by talking to customers directly
- Ability to lead MTR Rapid Deployment service to customers and/or subscribers.
What You Will Bring
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of IT Security concepts, including antivirus, networking and encryption technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues via phone and email
- Ability to handle escalated calls while using good judgment to make sound recommendations
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills including but not limited to: Active Directory, SQL, Networking, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Linux/Unix, Mac, Microsoft Windows, Windows Server Administration, including Domain Controllers, Active Directory, IIS and SQL
- Knowledgeable on the following concepts: Security, Cloud, Data protection, Encryption, Malware, Spyware, Cyber Security, Firewalls, Antivirus and Disaster Recovery (is a plus)
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems
- Basic to intermediate experience on product implementation: pre-planning, understanding Scope of Work (SOW) and Change Control principles
- Technically experienced on Remote Deployment services particularly on applications and product plugins
- Experience with installation and configuration of Mac OS and UNIX.
- Experience with deployment of software to windows computers using common automated software.
- Experience with basic command line/batch file scripting commands
- Experience with Virtualization (MS System Center Virtual Machine Manger and/or VMWARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- CompTIA Security+, Network+, MCP or MCSE certifications (a plus)
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.