Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
You will help develop high availability solutions running in the cloud which provide services available through REST API utilized by numerous Sophos- and OEM products. The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in the Sophos development process by facilitating, managing, communicating and automating tasks for the deployment, configuration, management and monitoring of continuous deliveries of large cloud-based SaaS applications. By leveraging knowledge and expertise in AWS technologies, the DevOps engineer will streamline the process of quick and frequent automated builds, help elevate the Sophos development process to the next level of agility, teach and assist teams in managing and monitoring cloud applications.
You will feel at home within our agile team with its open communications, commitment to quality where continuous improvement of your knowledge, our products and processes is not only a great opportunity, but it is also required.
- Collaborate with development team to identify needs for building and deploying their applications
- Automate the deployment and configuration of cloud-application workloads in AWS
- Develop, advise on, and troubleshoot management and monitoring tasks for cloud-application workloads
- Assist teams in designing manageable, scalable and easy to monitor cloud-applications
- Troubleshoot and fix environment and configuration issues. Analyze logs and monitoring to communicate potential issues to development teams
- Facilitate, manage and communicate information related to environments - their current state, deployed versions and availability to developers, QA engineers and team members
What You Shall Bring
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in product development or systems operations experience
- CI/CD principles
- Precise (very precise) work
- Broad range of AWS cloud computing services
- Comfortable with using version control (Git & GitHub)
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Infrastructure & Configuration Management (e.g., CloudFormation)
- Network protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Working in Agile (Scrum, Kanban) environment
- Experience with some scripting languages (Python, bash, etc.)
- Communication skills and the ability to influence both internally and externally
- Experience with Jenkins, VM migration
The ideal DevOps Engineer candidate is someone who has had some hands-on development experience using contemporary open-source technologies, and who has transitioned into the operations aspect of development with knowledge and a keen interest in the automation of deployment and configuration of applications in AWS environments. The DevOps Engineer role requires a versatile skillset that includes problem solving, programming, and troubleshooting skills. The role also requires effective coordination and communication with multiple teams.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.