Principal Security Architect
United States /
Information Technology and Security – Information Security /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Sophos is seeking an experienced Principal Security Architect to join its Cybersecurity Architecture team and bolster our ability to build world-class products capable of tackling emerging threats. The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience in consulting and securing a wide array of technologies.
Sophos is an early adopter of emerging technologies and engineering practices. The candidate will need to exhibit creativity and have a proactive approach to working directly with engineers to help design solutions that are appropriate for modern applications.
What You Will Do
- Lead security reviews with internal product and engineering teams to identify potential issues in product designs.
- Drive the adoption of shared cybersecurity services such as SCA, SAST, and DAST.
- Assist in the development and adoption of new standards and policies.
- You will be able to impart education to key stakeholders from both technology and business teams regarding aspects of security to ensure consistent 'security by design' considerations are factored in at an early stage.
- Support the running of our Cybersecurity Champions program and serve as a liaison to support security advocates across the business.
- Provide guidance to the team, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work culture.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in cybersecurity, with specific experience in holding a similar role.
- Demonstrable experience in securing services primarily built on AWS and Azure
- A pragmatic approach to securing products leveraging different technologies, facing different threat profiles.
- Strong knowledge of application security and common web application vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10) and experience with secure coding practices.
- A background in a software or cloud engineering role is preferable, but not required.
- A willingness to work directly with engineers and an appetite to understand the technical details of their projects.
- Proficiency and understanding of working with NIST, SSDF, ASVS, and other cybersecurity frameworks.
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and implementations.
- Familiarity with security tooling which is used to support an SSDLC (SCA/SAST/DAST/container scanning)
- A strong desire to stay current and understand emerging technologies and risks.
- Strong project management skills to drive and oversee the implementation of security initiatives.
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.