Full Stack Software Engineer (Python, VueJS)
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As a member of the Labs Platform team, the Full Stack Developer plays a pivotal role in driving the team's vision forward. With software development being a core skillset, proficiency in AWS, Flask and VueJS becomes imperative. The developer will have opportunities to wear multiple hats, from software development to DevOps tasks, ensuring adaptability as the team and technology landscape evolves.
Our team is responsible for developing Sophos web applications and APIs. We must provide high availability, low response time and – of course – secure systems with a high focus on code quality and continuous improvement of our development process.
You’ll feel at home within our Agile team with its open communication, commitment to quality where continuous improvement of your knowledge is not only an opportunity but a requirement as well.
- Responsible for designing, developing, refactoring, and maintaining both front-end and back-end applications to meet the needs of the business.
- Creating responsive and scalable applications that run efficiently on AWS and leverage VueJS framework for an optimized user experience.
- Taking part in product testing (unit, end-to-end, automated functional tests, and manual tests)
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and refining existing software.
- Agile planning (clarify requirements, break down into sensible epics/stories, estimate user stories).
- Communicating effectively, removing impediments to the team’s progress, asking for and offering help when needed.
What You Shall Bring
- Deep understanding of front-end and back-end frameworks, ensuring a seamless interaction between the two.
- Knowledge of VueJS and Flask frameworks or enthusiasm to learn them.
- Proficiency in using development tools (source control, static analysis, profilers, coverage, etc.).
- Strong skills in designing and implementing applications in cloud environment. Knowledge of AWS services such as ECS, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFront, CloudFormation is a plus.
- Experience with source control (Git) and CI/CD systems (preferably GitHub Actions and/or AWS Code Pipeline).
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, database systems (SQL, NoSQL).
- Understanding of identity management (single sign-on).
- Knowledge of Linux and shell scripting. Docker knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.