Global Escalation Engineer-Remote
Customer Support & Services – Global Escalations /
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, and working remotely is the primary option for most employees
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
To provide the highest levels of product expertise within Sophos technical support and to act as a common escalation point for worldwide support and Global Escalation Support(GES) specialists. Liaise with the engineering and product management teams influencing current/future products and ensuring the flow of proactive information between Global Support and Engineering.
What You Will Do
- Troubleshoot, replicate, analyze and diagnosis customer issues that have been escalated by the support teams.
- Providing technical support to the customer via Phone/Email/Chat and ensuring high Customer Satisfaction
- Providing inputs to the development team on the bugs, Communicate directly with GES Escalation Engineers to help ensure timely and effective resolution of issues and questions raised by the worldwide support teams.
- Respond to internal support newsgroup postings, ensuring they are answered within departmental guidelines.
- Document and record all activities and communication with support staff, customers, DEV team as per the departmental standards of quality.
- Recording of all activities in the department’s case logging system which needs to be updated so progress can be tracked for each incident.
- Produce technical articles based on support incidents / hot issues, to assist with the dissemination of technical knowledge.
- Contribute to Support Readiness processes by pro-active creation of knowledge articles prior to a new release.
- Liaison with other departments within Sophos to provide technical support input into development and testing of products.
- Offer support, guidance and training to new starters within the worldwide technical support, ensuring that all departmental standards are introduced and reinforced throughout.
- Contribute to product training creation – provide technical details, test examples and documentation.
- Drive support requirements for future product enhancements, capturing and filtering requirements as required.
- Escalate software issues to members of the Sophos NSG Engineering and Product Management teams with standard defect tracking tools.
- Create proactive documentation including KBA, whitepapers, notifications and other articles.
- Assure fulfillment of service levels as defined in customer’s Service Level Agreements. Adhere to and supervise service levels specified; escalate in a timely manner to avoid SLA infringements.
- Develop measures to optimize customer support, both re-actively as consequence of infringements and proactively to avoid them.
- Ensure quality of documentation of all activities and status updates, allowing immediate takeover of problem ownership by others members of the GES team
- Participate in Beta program support if required.
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned.
What You Will Bring
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of supporting customers over the phone within an IT environment
- In depth experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, switches and network devices
- Experience of Email Technology and Web Proxy
- Experience of Cloud Technologies, AWS, Azure, IPS/IDS or Sophos Products is desirable
- Expertise on Linux and Windows systems
- In depth experience of configuration and troubleshooting general networking issues
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Email Protocols, VRRP, FTP, SMB, DNS and DHCP
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP and ARP to run packet traces and troubleshoot network issues
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting wireless devices
- In depth understanding of VPN protocols such as IPSec, PPTP, SSL
- Experience of installing, configuring and troubleshooting the Sophos products would be the added advantage
- Experience in a team environment
- Experience of working to defined levels of service delivery
- Ability to handle telephone calls
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- In depth research and analysis capabilities to reproduce technical issues
- Ability to prioritize within a high workload.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – if you're passionate about cybersecurity and ready to contribute, we encourage you to apply. We're excited to explore how your individuality can shape the future of our company.
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyber threats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI, and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks, and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing, and a wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.