Sales Development Representative (ANZ Region)
Makati City, Philippines
Marketing – Sales Development Representatives /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for generating new business opportunities for the entire Sophos product suite. This high impact position has been created to help accelerate the growth of Sophos across ANZ by proactively generating high value new business opportunities from mid-market and enterprise organizations.
The Sales Development Representative’s (SDR) primary function is to proactively uncover, nurture and generate new business opportunities for the Sophos’ sales teams by leveraging both inbound marketing generated leads and via strategic outbound prospecting.
These qualified opportunities will then be passed to our Sales team and partner network for follow-up and closure. The role is key link between marketing and sales.
Covering ANZ Market.
Please note this role is working on a Hybrid working agreement, candidates will need to be based within easy travel range to Makati.
What You Will Do
- Based in the Philippines, the primary focus is to identify new business opportunities in the ANZ mid-market and enterprise sectors, through both inbound and outbound prospecting activities.
- You will manage a funnel of inbound leads coming in from our website and leads created from field marketing activities such as webinars and events
- Research and hunt for new business opportunities using outbound prospecting techniques and making use of tools such as Cognism, ZoomInfo and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- You will leverage various data sources, qualitative data insights and prospecting information to build a significant ‘target prospect’ pool to nurture leads and ultimately convert them into high quality sales opportunities for sales.
- Conduct high quality discovery calls with prospects and develop the ability to articulate value and sell cutting edge technology solutions to businesses throughout the region.
- Become an expert on information security to be able to advise prospects and customers.
- Uncover and compose detailed, succinct summaries of prospects infrastructure, pain-points and business needs.
- Create high value, detailed and well qualified Sales opportunities from accounts with 100+ employees
- Achieve quotas around volume of opportunities generated and pipeline contribution from high daily activity levels.
- Secure Sales appointments with Senior Decision Makers
- Build and nurture a comprehensive prospecting lists to ensure continual prospect pipeline
- Capture useful intelligence to drive future new business activity
- Input information into company CRM and leverage this and 3rd party sources to research prospects.
- Work closely with field marketing to understand and help execute successful field campaigns and Account Based Marketing (ABM) programs.
- Develop a strong partnership with the sales team to ensure an enduring and highly productive relationship, based on mutual success.
- Attend and participate in weekly/monthly team meetings.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum proven 2 years in lead generation in new business roles, preferably from a consulting/vendor background.
- Experience in Australian and New Zealand markets desirable.
- Lead Generation.
- Outbound calling from own lead generation.
- Hunger and passion for the role
- Experience with rejection and overcoming rejection.
- Must have worked with account managers for appointment-setting.
- Experience in the IT and/or IT Security Industry in the B2B space in Asia Pacific.
- Knowledge of CRM systems and productivity tools (Salesforce and Outreach).
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.