Senior Software Engineer (Data Platform-Java Backend)
Bangalore, India /
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As a member of the Sophos Central Platform development team, the Senior Software Engineer works closely with software engineers, architects, product management and others to design and build the Sophos Central platform vision. This role involves working with engineering and product management leaders across Sophos Central
What you will do
- Provide technical leadership for microservice design and promote best practices for the Sophos Central platform.
- Provide mentorship in framework design to engineers in the Bangalore office and other sites and collaborate effectively with other Sophos product development teams across multiple geographies.
- Design and implement frameworks and features that are instrumental in building the next generation Sophos Central platform.
- Participate in planning and design sessions with engineering management, architects, operations and development team leads.
- Partner with operations to ensure solutions are able to be supported in the field.
What you will bring
- 5+ Years of strong Experience in Core Java - Microservices, Spring Boot, Kafka,
- Cloud( AWS) preferable
- Hands on experience designing and implementing cloud-based platforms.
- Experience creating scalable systems and services, including demonstrated understanding of best practices for API design and overall platform design considerations such as auth, messaging, logging, monitoring and testability.
- Experience with high-volume consumer or small business solutions is a plus.
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Java web-based applications.
- Strong Linux or Unix systems experience.
- Experience troubleshooting large scale cloud-based applications.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as good interpersonal and organization skills.
- Experience in developing eCommerce solutions is a plus
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.