Security Playbook Engineer
United States /
Threat Intelligence – Managed Detection Response and Security Operations /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The MDR Security Playbook Engineer will be responsible for the successful conception, design, development, integration and support of SOAR Playbooks and other enabling technologies that meet the automation needs of the Sophos MDR Team. Leveraging proprietary and open-source tools and technologies, the MDR Security Playbook Engineer will deliver against unique and broad challenges facing the efficiency and effectiveness of the Sophos MDR Team.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, integrate, and support custom Automation Playbooks using a proprietary Sophos SOAR platform
- Identification and documentation of common and advanced MDR workflows
- Communicate and document the efficiency and effectiveness of automation playbooks to management and stakeholders
- Acknowledge and satisfy inbound MDR requests for automation and collaborate with the MDR team through various mediums
- Collaborate and assist engineering and development teams with requirement definitions
- Actively research emerging security practices and workflows and operationalizing findings to better enhance our MDR offerings
What You Will Bring
- 1+ years of experience working in a SOC environment or computer security team in an IT environment.
- Experience with SOAR/Automation Platform (Phantom, Tines, FortiSOAR)
- Experience with enterprise information security data management - SIEM experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, with proven ability to think outside the box
- Customer service-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must thrive within a team environment as well as on an individual basis
- Passion for all things related to information technology, cybersecurity, development operations, and automation
- Natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Innovative mindset and driven to contribute to a team providing a best-in-class cybersecurity service
A Plus if You Have
- Experience with SQL query construction
- Experience with OSQuery
- Experience administering and supporting Windows OS (both workstations and server) and one of the following: Apple or Linux-based operating systems (e.g. XP, Windows 7, 2003, 2008, OS X)
- Knowledge of common adversary tactics and techniques, e.g., obfuscation, persistence, defense evasion, etc.
- Knowledge of Mitre ATT&CK framework
- Knowledge of incident response procedures
- Basic understanding of network traffic analysis including TCP/IP, routing, switching, protocols, etc.
- Basic understanding of Windows event log analysis
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.