Inside Sales Engineer COE, Germany (w/m/d)
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Inside Sales Engineer COE is to support the sales team with technical expertise for customers in the 1-100 user band and partners in the authorized and silver tiers, whilst building meaningful relationships with key customer technical decision-makers to understand customer requirements and recommend appropriate solutions. Serving as the subject matter expert and technical lead for Sophos’ technology portfolio.
What You Will Do
- Handle Technical Proposals, opportunity qualification/disqualification for the 1-100 user segment in assigned country/territory.
- Take Technical Sales Cycle Ownership, achieve technical win, own next steps, and follow up scheduling, SFDC SE Milestones, general accountability.
- Drive the sales opportunity by providing technical leadership and orchestrating internal and external resources.
- Participate in global projects to achieve scale via automation within our sales engineering group.
- Support enablement efforts for technical contacts for distribution and channel partners that focus on the 1-100 segment.
- Conduct and manage technical virtual meetings, product demos, and support customer presales requests via email.
- Work on projects with global CoE Sales engineering team with a focus on scaling certain presales activities.
- Take ownership of Schedule and Control calendar (follow up time, lab time, etc), correct mix of partner vs end user, responsible for SE coverage, and onsite visits.
- Update and make sure you have System access to Salesforce, Concur, o365, ACTS, sophtrac, MSDN, and all Sophos Portals.
- Communication Importance with Team in all Sophos platforms Skype, Teams, Email, Text, Phone, Team/Management Shared Calendar.
- Properly document all real-time sales engineer related sales activities in SFDC including technical win/loss data.
What You Will Bring
- 3-5 year’s experience in a pre-sales or technical sales role working with decision-makers in large organizations with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales quotas.
- Strong verbal communication skills for delivering high-quality, engaging product demos.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer experience and clearly articulate competitive advantages, both technical and business levels.
- Experience in selling through and with channel partners, and ability to thrive in a team selling environment.
- Foundational knowledge Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services as well as Incident Response offerings.
- Foundational technical cybersecurity understanding including protection methods for Networks, Cloud Workloads, Windows, Linux, and Mac OS devices.
- Able to engage in continued learning and personal development (Sophskills are mandatory).
- Experienced in maintaining ongoing knowledge of industry, territory, target accounts, top/target partners and competitive landscape.
- Sharing best practices regarding tools, sales techniques and opportunity management with team members.
- Participate in all enablement activities including stand & delivers.
- Fluency in English and German required.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.