Senior Sales Engineer, UK
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Senior Sales Engineer is a pre-sales engineering role providing technical expertise in sales engagements. They will develop sales strategies for customer accounts and actively manage multiple concurrent PoC’s to drive enterprise-wide deployments of Sophos products and services to customers across the UK.
What You Will Do
- Provide presales technical expertise aligned with the Enterprise sales team focusing on our most valuable partners and accounts.
- Build meaningful relationships with key customer technical decision-makers to understand customer requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Serve as trusted advisors and technical lead on Sophos next-gen portfolio products and services opportunities.
- Perform health checks to drive cross-sell and deepen customer relationships.
- Conduct and manage technical virtual and onsite meetings, product demos, and proof of concepts with customers.
- Provide ﬁeld-based support for events and face-to-face time with prospects and customers.
- Own and drive the technical sales cycle from early opportunity technical qualiﬁcation to technical closure.
- Provide online webinars or onsite demos with partners to their customers and prospects.
- Support the achievement of bookings quota in the assigned territory.
- Log all activity to maintain accuracy of CRM/PRM/Support systems.
- Complete the technical element for RFPs drawing on internal systems and best practice for standard answers and solutions.
- Provide support for customer success motions to promote cross-selling and portfolio expansion within the current Sophos customer base.
- Pass and maintain Sophos Architect accreditations in aligned products.
- Stay up to date with continued product development.
- Develop and maintain a strong background in current cyber security issues and trends.
- Work with customers across the United Kingdom. The role will be customer / partner facing and as such, travel is expected to be 25% - 50% in region.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years’ experience and expertise working within an IT technical pre-sales role.
- Exceptional Network Security Knowledge including Firewalls, ideally with endpoint technology exposure.
- Knowledge of MDR and Security as a Service.
- Working with the Sales team to align joint business goals and drive partner performance.
- Driven to constantly learn new skills, technologies, and new solutions.
- The ability to build effective and successful relationships with key customers / partners.
- Ability to assess technical requirements and propose appropriate solutions.
- Able to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Be able to instil confidence and become the trusted advisor for all technical aspects.
- Strong Demonstration skills in a pre-sale’s environment.
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Works collaboratively for a common goal.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.