Senior Software Engineer(Test Automation)
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Senior Software Engineer works with development and PGM to define requirements and create, document, and execute test cases surrounding them. We cultivate an environment of Developers and QA Testers working together very closely, both in design and testing. The role requires a commitment to excellence and a willingness to learn.
What You Will Do
- Work with development and PGM to define requirements and create and document test cases.
- Develop robust testing of Restful APIs, for both functional and regression testing.
- Develop UI testing using new approaches such as Cypress.
- Create comprehensive test plans, reviewing them with stakeholders.
- Participate in developer design planning to help inform testing.
- Take part in feature and release testing
- Document results in concise and accurate reporting
- Represent your team on cross-functional projects
- Act as a mentor and technical resource for junior team members
- Lead and coordinate assigned projects, as applicable
What You Will Bring
- 7+ years of experience in a Test Automation and Quality Engineering
- Experience with Object-oriented languages : Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, and other OO languages are acceptable, must be willing (and excited about) working with new technology.
- Good communication skills, including cross-functional communication
- Good time management skills.
- Some experience with AWS services.
- Experience with reviewing and writing test plans in Confluence, Jira, and Zephyr preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of working with release testing.
- Experience with large project release validation spanning multiple teams.
Applicants in British Columbia may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.