Channel Account Manager, Italy (North)
Sales – Inside Sales /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Channel Account Manager (CAM) is accountable for managing strategic Sophos partners. You will be responsible for driving remotely, by phone, all the channel partners of the territory assigned, developing joint business plans with partners to hit revenue and profitability targets by developing new customer opportunities, up-sell and cross selling to existing customers and renewals.
What Will You Do
- Manage and develop relationships with assigned territory partners and prospects driving revenue growth and profitability.
- Facilitate channel engagement in support of territory sales goals (deal registrations process).
- Engage Sophos Sales Engineering and Marketing resources, where necessary, to support your assigned partners.
- Cultivate strong relationships and act as a primary point of contact for assigned territory partners to achieve targets.
- Effectively articulate the requirements, expectations, and benefits of the Sophos Partner Program to assigned channel partners.
- Build and execute business plans that identify, develop and close incremental opportunities to deliver outstanding growth for the partner and Sophos.
- Directly support partners qualify and close complex customer deals, engaging wider sales and sales engineer teams where required, gather insights to ensure accurate business forecasting.
- Own and manage the frequent joint business review, and planning process between Partners’ and Sophos decision makers, incl. clearly defined KPI’s and SMART goals with agreed outcomes.
- Collaborate to develop marketing plans with partners to drive incremental sales pipeline ensuring high return on investment from activities like lead gen campaigns and events.
- Ensure the Sophos Sales Centre of Excellence is proactively engaged to manage processes to progress and close of sub 100 user opportunities.
- Motivate, educate, and ensure Partner sales and technical staff are go-to-market ready, provide access to certification and training materials and develop an enablement plan.
What You Will Bring
- Proven 2+ years in channel sales and territory management in networking or security sectors.
- Experience with complex organisational structures and its dynamics.
- Experience building and executing successful business and marketing plans.
- Understanding of the technology channel eco-system and the business model of different types of channel partners (VAR/MSP/Distribution/Marketplace etc).
- Adept at account management and business partner techniques with strong interpersonal, active listening, discovery, and qualification skills.
- Solid technical acumen able to explain the benefits of different technologies, strong cybersecurity knowledge an advantage.
- Experience of translating market trends and customer issues and needs into business opportunities for partners.
- Ability to thrive in a team selling environment, winning together outlook with the ability to build relationships and influence via email, telephone and in person.
- Excels at engaging partner personnel across all levels and functions, builds multifaceted relationships.
- Strong Negotiation and Presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Good verbal & written communication and presentation skills in Italian and English.
- Degree educated.
- CRM Salesforce Lightning knowledge is highly preferred.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.