Manager, Inside Sales Engineering - Center of Excellence
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of Inside Sales Engineers helping to ensure sales and customer success in the 0-100 segment
- Set and define technical sales engineering strategies with scalability in mind.
- Work with a global sales engineering team to share best practices and eventually incorporate them into the team when necessary.
- Manage and maintain projects that promote automation and efficiency.
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to
- retain top talent.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support required Sophos solutions and services.
- Hire and continually enable a team of experienced sales engineers.
- Take an active role in your region's customer success and help resolve any customer satisfaction
- issues, escalating cross-functionality when needed.
- Develop learning plans and set goals with sales engineers to ensure continued growth in both soft and technical skills.
- Team up with your sales counterpart to provide technical leadership in sales engagements for new and existing opportunities.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and technical lead for the company's product portfolio.
- Engage in user business requirement definition, including detailed analyses of customer operating environments and their interoperability with Sophos technologies.
- Contribute with the various Sophos internal technical teams and Product Management to help
- drive product direction and share knowledge.
- Externally evangelize Sophos to technical contacts at customers and partners by conducting and
- speaking at Sophos events or industry groups.
What You Will Bring
- 2+ years of experience managing remote/inside sales engineers
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related Engineering field
- 2+ years of experience in the security software industry
- Technical sales experience (Sales Engineering)
- System and network design
- IT experience encompassing Information Security concepts, implementing secure network and system designs
- Experience with the design and implementation of Next Generation Firewall solutions
- Experience with endpoint protection including endpoint and server protection, encryption, mobile device security, and cloud server security
- Experience with Public Cloud security in AWS, Azure, and/or Google.
- Experience with installing and configuring EDR tools and/or experience in threat hunting and response within a security team.
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.