Senior Technical Product Manager - Data Platform
Product Development – Product Management /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
At Sophos, we’re building one of the most innovative data platforms in the security industry. This platform provides a foundation for our market-leading Endpoint protection, XDR, and MDR products and services. We’re looking for a Product Management leader who appreciates what it takes to manage big data in the cloud, both for transactional decisions and forensic analytics, while tracking costs and attribution. You’ll be a highly visible member of the Sophos Central team, responsible for your roadmap, and on a critical path for the delivery of the next-gen products. You will participate in product strategy, planning sessions, product design, and requirements gathering. You will partner with brilliant engineering teams and architects across the globe to build innovative solutions for real-world problems.
What You Will Do
- Working with management to develop and operationalize Sophos Central’s data platform strategy
- Engage stakeholders with empathy and curiosity to discover use cases, needs, and opportunities.
- Develop, prioritize, and defend Sophos Central’s data platform backlog aligning development investments to strategic objectives
- Work with developers to design and deliver platform capabilities in a manner that maximizes stakeholder success.
- Verify stakeholder outcomes by defining and monitoring value and experience metrics
- Develop and present durable roadmaps to stakeholders setting clear expectations and securing their engagement
- Monitor data technologies, patterns, and market trends with the goal of building cutting-edge capabilities and navigating market opportunities.
- Represent Sophos Central as the data platform SME
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of product management or engineering experience building data infrastructure, analytics, and/or cloud-based data solutions.
- Strong conceptual understanding of data platform design patterns and technology such as Kafka, HDFS, Spark, Lucene, etc.
- Strong, persona-driven requirements analysis skills
- The ability to distill a complex set of requirements into incremental deliverables that are well-defined and valuable.
- The ability to weigh critical, well-informed trade-offs and have the data points to defend those decisions
- Experience preparing and presenting a technical roadmap to stakeholders
- Experience working within an Agile development process; a clear understanding of roles and ceremonies.
- Strong collaboration skills to interface successfully with a broad variety of stakeholders across multiple time zones and functional domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate strategy, technology, and tradeoffs to customers, developers, and management.
- You want to work with the latest data technology stacks
- You have a proven track record of successfully delivering products
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.