Software Engineer (Test Automation)
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As Software Development Engineer in Test, you would be the tasked towards ensuring quality release of product features of Sophos Email Security Product line. The role would require you to work with other scrum teams, Product Management and Quality Engineering organization to ensure high quality - Automation driven Software releases.
What You Will Do
- Test Planning and Test automation for all the features under development within the team.
- Maintaining and updating the Test Automation Framework as per need of the project feature development work.
- Keeping track of quality process as defined for the all the release work of the team
- Participation in Design and architecture discussions
- Capability to troubleshoot and debug the external and internal issues.
- Ability to learn and understand complex systems and technical issues
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Review automation tests of the peers in the team
What You Will Bring
- 3-6 years of technical experience in Quality Engineering.
- Bachelor’s or Higher Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in Test Automation.
- Strong in Core Java concepts and usage in automation
- Understanding and / or experience in Automation Framework Maintenance.
- Experience in Test Planning to define and write various tests
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Exposure to API testing using REST
- Hands-on experience / understanding of CI/CD deployments.
- Experience with Agile/ Scrum SDLC setup.
- Understanding / Testing of MicroServices
- Knowledge / Experience with Cloud based platforms and technologies
- Understanding of Microsoft technologies like O365, Exchange server-mail delivery would be a plus.
- Experience working on Jenkins
- Linux / Unix experience
- Experience with other scripting like python, Shell scripting, groovy etc.
- Working with Email Delivery and Email Security would be strong plus
- Understanding of build process and automation.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.