Equity Compensation Analyst(Equity/Stock Administrator)
Finance – Financial Control and Reporting /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The Equity Analyst job is a new position and an opportunity to play a significant role in building out the Treasury function within Sophos. The Equity Analyst is responsible for administration of the company’s equity plans and managing day-to-day corporate treasury operations. This position will report to the Sr. Director Treasury. The position will support the organization’s overall company objectives working alongside the finance organization, controllers’ group, legal, and human resources.
What you will do
- Stock & Equity Administration (80%)
- Ensure that the Company’s equity awards and repurchases are correctly administered
- Maintain the Company’s equity administration database (Shareworks), including updating information, running monthly/quarterly reports, and other ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- Track and ensure the accuracy of the Company’s capital table including new grants, repurchases and transfers
- Prepare and facilitate the execution of documents in connection with equity-related movements
- Prepare board material used for the approval of new equity grants and repurchases
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual share reconciliation and reporting
- Participate in special projects and/or ad-hoc requests as they arise.
- Treasury Operations (20%)
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the treasury function, including but not limited to, cash management, investments, and bank relationships
- Develop and maintain global cash initiatives and reporting
- Contribute to the formulation of short-term cash forecasts and provide support for the development of long-term treasury modeling
- Investigate payment exceptions and coordinate with accounts payable and controllers’ group to resolve issues
- Open and close bank accounts, perform KYC according to bank requirements and maintain administrative details on the Group’s systems
- Recommend new Treasury strategies, policies, procedures, and systems to enhance operational controls and efficiencies
- *May Perform Other Duties As Assigned*
What you will bring
- Minimum 3 years of corporate corporate equity administration experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Equity administration database experience, preferably Shareworks
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities and responsibilities independently
- Experience with global bank products and services, bank policies, and regulations with ability to apply this knowledge to developing new techniques and standards within the organization
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including command of the English language for reading, writing, and comprehension, to effectively communicate and interact across all functions and all levels
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with web-based banking platforms and treasury workstations
- Excellent problem-solving skills, along with the ability to think analytically and critically
- Team player comfortable working with employees at all levels of the organization
- Hands-on and self-directed
- Remote first work environment experience
Employee would work in UK Shifts.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.