Software Engineer -Java (FS - MSG)
Ahmedabad, India /
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
We are looking for a Software Engineer(Cloud) – Full stack with strong Java, Spring, Angular, UI skills to fill an exciting role within the Sophos MSG email organization. The role involves building software for the Sophos email that is a cloud-based secure email gateway solution for Sophos Central. Sophos Email is engineered to keep businesses safe from email threats by simply stopping spam, phishing, malware, data loss, impersonation and much more. As a member of the Sophos email development team, you will work closely with engineers, architects, product managers, and others to design and deliver on the corporate vision.
What You Will Do
- Build new product features in Sophos Email that our customers love.
- Carry out the analysis, design and implementation of new features across the full software stack, leveraging modern design patterns
- Address defects within well-defined SLAs to ensure that our customers stay happy.
- Build features and modules using Java, Spring, AWS.
- Write automated unit and integration tests to execute within CI/CD pipelines.
- Take pride in authorship of code and hold your teammates to equally high standards.
- Work with best of breed Cloud technologies.
- Learn new technologies and skills and apply them to your work.
- Work in an Agile environment, releasing software frequently.
What You Will Bring
- 2+ Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer, with hands-on expertise in Java, Spring Framework, Angular, and AWS.
- Strong understanding of web development principles, including front-end and back-end technologies.
- Proven experience with Java, including knowledge of Java EE and Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, etc.).
- Familiarity with cloud computing and experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with commitment to deliver on sprint goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.