Sales Development Representative
Manchester, United Kingdom
Marketing – Sales Development Representatives /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will help drive the growth of Sophos, an innovative market leading IT security vendor, by quickly converting inbound marketing qualified leads, and skilfully prospecting for new business opportunities right across the company’s product and service portfolio.
What You Will Do
- Meet and exceed targets – Key KPIs focus on level of outbound activity, number of qualified opportunities passed to the Sales teams, and value of new pipeline generated
- Successfully engage with the right number of decision makers
- Quickly convert marketing supplied leads into high quality sales opportunities
- Create new business opportunities, by making effective use of the market intelligence and productivity tools that support outbound prospecting
- Build commitment to further action by presenting value based messaging
- Resolve objections, blocks and stalls, to keep the sales conversation moving forward
- Provide local Sales Reps and our Partners with full summaries of the sales opportunity, including details of a prospect’s business pain and infrastructure
- Develop strong collaborative partnerships with other SDR, Marketing and Sales team members
- Make effective use of the company’s CRM, alongside other SDR specific tools (e.g. Outreach)
- Drive future improvements, by providing qualitative and quantitative feedback to colleagues and stakeholders in Marketing and Sales
- Work with EMEA SDR colleagues to progress culture of innovation, collaboration and success
What You Will Bring
- Experience working in a Commercial sales environment
- Experience with performing outbound lead generation activities
- Must be a strong communicator, both written and spoken English
- Demonstrates exceptional active listening skills
- Fearlessly takes action on new challenges
- Fast learner, unafraid to take educated risk and learns quickly from mistakes
- Results oriented, highly competitive and is compelled to exceed targets
- Understands how businesses work and how financial objectives drive the decision-making process
- Adapts approach and demeanour in real time to match the situation, picking up on situational cues and adapting in the moment
- Confident under pressure, rebounds from setbacks and sees adversity as a challenge to be overcome
- Maintains a positive attitude and is always supportive of colleagues
- Unafraid to challenge prospects in order to uncover their real business pain, drivers, and motivations
- Unintimidated by a prospects’ job title, experience, or demeanour
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Adept at learning new skills to maximize tools, processes, and infrastructure in pursuit of objectives
- Ability to concisely articulate a value proposition
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.