Global Senior Director of Renewals Sales
United States /
Sales – Sales Operations /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As the Leader of the Sophos Renewal Specialist Team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the ongoing success and growth of our customer base. You will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, execution, and performance of the renewals sales function. You will lead and mentor a Global team of renewal specialists, driving the renewal process, and contributing to revenue growth through contract renewals and customer engagement.
What You Will Do
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor a global renewals specialists team located in Canada, Hungary, and the Phillippines, providing guidance, coaching, and support to achieve individual and team goals.
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute a comprehensive renewals strategy, including pricing, communications, process, and customer retention initiatives.
- Revenue Growth: Drive revenue growth by managing contract renewals, upsell, and cross-sell opportunities, and identify expansion opportunities within the existing customer base.
- Customer and Partner Engagement: Foster strong relationships with key customers, partners, and distributors, ensuring their satisfaction and addressing any concerns promptly.
- Performance Metrics: Define and track key performance metrics, analyzing data to make data-driven decisions optimize the renewals process, and drive rep productivity.
- Forecasting and Planning: Develop accurate revenue forecasts and budgets for the renewals sales team, aligning with company objectives.
- Market Intelligence: Stay updated on industry trends, competitors, and customer needs to make informed decisions and maintain a competitive edge. Specific focus on trends regarding renewal best practices.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and improve renewals processes to enhance efficiency and customer experience. Assist in developing automation plans that will improve the renewal process
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and growing renewals or sales teams with a heavy focus on recurring revenue / ARR.
- Strong understanding of subscription-based business models.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Experience in cybersecurity is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally as well as globally and lead in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.