Senior Sales Engineer_Malaysia
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Senior Sales Engineer (Senior SE) will lead the technical relationship in a regional territory comprising of prospects, customers and channel partners, developing and implementing strategy and technical relationships.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work with focus partners and end customers to uncover complex security challenges and drive solutions leveraging the Sophos cybersecurity system, Synchronized Security.
The Senior SE is the technical sales representative and ensures full customer and partner satisfaction, by mapping technical solutions for business problems and projects, as well as channel partners' strategies. The role will ultimately lead the positioning of Sophos as a strategic partner, driving incremental revenue and developing new customer license opportunities in partnership with sales both in the short and long term.
What You Will Do
- The role will require candidates to show deep understanding in identifying customer’s requirements and developing and articulating solutions to address the following:
- Gain technical closure of sales opportunities from customer and partner
- Deliver Chanel technical enablement to assure Sophos solution competency within channel and distribution
- Develop Channel Partners and MSPs to outlay solutions applicable to enterprise, midmarket, and SMB mapping to Sophos Synchronized Security
- Drives sales revenue to meet regional targets
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to partners and customers working with Account Managers and local partners/integrators within your territory to:
- Customer Relationships:
- Advise customers and deliver high-level solution designs and strategies across the entire Sophos product/services range
- Develop technical relationships with people at all levels including operations, architects, managers, and executives where appropriate as defined in the account plan(s)
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of industry sectors, changing needs, and key cybersecurity drivers
- Ensure that Sophos solutions are deployed effectively, by Partners or Sophos Professional Services to ensure customer satisfaction and the best customer experience
- Identify and document specific problems at prospects and customers that can be solved through the deployment of a Sophos solution.
- Recognize new business opportunities in assigned account(s) and helps to build and qualify pipeline of opportunities
- Own and complete the technical sales cycle from early opportunity technical qualification up to a technical closure
- Actively participates in account and territory planning, developing and influencing plans, with assigned account managers and channel partners
- Partner / Integrator Relationships:
- Work with aligned channel partners in the territory and establish long-term relationships, proactively working with partners in accounts, leveraging their expertise and/or contacts to drive pipeline and opportunity closure
- Deliver technical partner enablement that will actively build and maintain partner capability with Sophos solutions and Certifications
- Present the Sophos vision & technical strategy coherently and consistently to a technical and business audience, within the Sophos Channel partner community
- Identify opportunities to align with partners and propose/validate solutions, allowing channel partners to lead with Sophos solutions and services
- Develop, grow, and maintain a network of key channel partner technical contacts
What You Will Bring
- You must have pre-sales experience and excellent technical knowledge within cyber security and or networking
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions, working in the IT security business
- Email Flow - Exchange / Domino, Cloud Solutions, AV and Anti-SPAM products
- SOC Operations – IT Process Automation / Orchestration
- Knowledge and experience with the cyber threat landscape
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Experience with L2-L7 Networking. Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends in but not limited to, firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies, SSL, SOAR, and SIEM products
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and solution-selling strategies.
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing, or troubleshooting network security products.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.