Technical Support Engineer - Endpoint Support Group (ESG) - German Speaking
Customer Support & Services – Service Delivery /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Sophos are seeking applications for the position of Cyber Security Support Specialist (Endpoint). You must be capable of delivering technical support, to both our partners and global customer base. Sophos are a leading network and Endpoint security vendor who deliver high quality support to both our Partners and Customers. We are looking for technically minded individuals with strong troubleshooting skills to be part of our dynamic technical support team in Cork, Ireland. Not only will you will be able to help customers resolve technically complex issues, but you will also be working closely with the Engineering, Professional Services, Sales Engineering and other cross functional teams to provide feedback for improving the product quality and reliability of our products. You will also be involved in identifying opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service satisfaction levels. This position is challenging with a dynamic team and great room for growth!
What You Will Do:
- Having a strong customer service focus with the commitment to excellence .
- Being a customer ambassador who is passionate about creating a positive customer experience.
- Solving problems and delivering an experience so profound that customers love using our products and services and actively recommend them to others.
- Research incidents by replicating customer’s issues within a test environment.
- Escalate incidents by collaborating with the Global Escalations Support team and other departments within Sophos.
- Perform technical training and presentations of software and processes to other Sophos staff.
- Learning and utilizing specific software tools and problem-solving strategies to solve customer issues and continuously improve our processes.
- Creating online help content (articles, community posts, etc.) to document previously unknown solutions and help a large group of customers.
- Actively contributing to the development of new or changed processes and procedures.
- Having the ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Record all activity in the department’s call logging system, updating cases within SLA.
What You Will Bring:
- Business level German language skills - both written and verbal.
- Experience of supporting customers over the phone within an IT environment
- Experience in handling customer cases via email systems.
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems. MCITP certification is an advantage.
- Experience of using and troubleshooting macOS and Android operating systems.
- Know how to frame and understand customer issue and troubleshoot it through to resolution.
- A level of knowledge in supporting customers who have been compromised by Malware.
- Experience writing knowledge base articles for internal publication.
- Experience with security solutions (Anti-Malware, Mobile, Email, Web and Encryption standards)
- Troubleshooting using Wire shark or similar for packet analysis.
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols like HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SMB, DNS and DHCP
- Demonstrated self - starter who can adapt quickly between roles, duties and tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues via phone, chat and email.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.