Senior Sales Engineer 1
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
As a Senior Sales Engineer you will handle all technical aspects of a sales cycle by determining technical requirements, matching them to Sophos solutions and making product trials and evaluations successful. You will explain complex topics to prospects, partners and customers in a clear and concise format with the goal of convincing them to buy, resell or recommend Sophos solutions. You will be required to provide a technical support and deployment support to a customer after sales occasionally.
Please note this role is based in Tokyo, Japan, we are only able to consider candidates based in Japan with full working rights
What you will do
- Help sales to sell more and increase the company revenue by utilizing their technical sales skills to convince prospects to purchase Sophos solutions.
- Present technical topics to channel partners.
- Build relationships with channel partners.
- Support the sales channel to qualify sales opportunities in conjunction in order to accurately determine product fit, size and probability of success.
- Conduct product and company presentations and demos to prospects, channel partners and reviewers with the goal of getting them to buy, sell or recommend Sophos solutions.
- Conduct in-depth needs analysis (via phone, email or in person) with prospect or partner technical staff to determine technical requirements and specifications of solution in line with Sophos best practices.
- Collect and aggregate prospect and partner feedback, feeding into Product Management and other teams to better direct product development to meet market demand.
- Assist partner technical staff in high-level design and architecture of prospect solutions based on appropriate sizing and resiliency guidelines.
- Address high volume of partner questions and requirements in a quality driven, comprehensive manner to ensure prospect satisfaction
- Solutions will come from personal knowledge/experience, co-workers, and knowledge systems.
- Assist inside and partner sales force in the close of large opportunities by demonstrating technical fit of Sophos solutions.
- Assist and manage frequent technical evaluations by working with partners through proof of concept testing and implementation with the goal of a strong recommendation to purchase Sophos products.
- Occasional internal product training for sales staff, SE team, other organizational teams
- Developing and delivering custom training for prospects/customers and partners on an as-needed basis to supplement other training staff.
- Influence technical and non-technical buyers to prefer Sophos products
- Achieve and maintain technical expert and sales expert certifications across entire product line
- Provide a technical support to a customer after sales occasionally.
- Willingness to travel within Japan to support sales opportunities, partner training and technical support, internationally for conferences and training.
- Travel on short notice
What you will bring
- 5-6 years working experience as a Sales Engineer
- MDR/XDR experiecne.
- Experience in technical pre-sales support with networking devices like firewalls, proxies, VPN gateways, UTMs, Endpoint Security, Encryption, and Mobile/Wireless.
- Good technical expertise in architecture components in design solutions (network design, routing, switching, etc.)
- Good technical expertise in networking and endpoint-associated components
- Excellent competitive technical understanding of major competitors
- Experience working with and supporting channel partners
- Experience working with mail and directory service environments (Exchange, AD, eDir, RADIUS)
- Systems administration experience (Windows/Linux/MacOS
- Good technical expertise of cryptography systems (encryption, signature, certificates, smartcards/tokens, etc.
- Experiences in design of wireless network
- Experience working and supporting SMB and Enterprise customer
- Experience working and supporting channel partners
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.