IT Support Engineer
Makati City, Philippines
Information Technology and Security – IT Infrastructure and Services /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
You will be the point of escalation for all IC1 support engineers. An active technical resource on IT-related projects, creating knowledge, and instructional articles, contributing to IT service processes, standards, and policies, and providing Executive-level support.
What You Will Do
- Interact with customers through video calls, chat, email, or in-person to triage and resolve tickets using existing knowledge.
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for IT processes.
- Support onboarding of new employees
- Actively manage day-to-day tickets and workloads, including clear ticket notes
- Know how an ITSM platform is used within the IT service organization and provide suggestions for improvements
- Provide escalated technical support.
- Work with the Asset Manager, and maintain suitable regional stock levels of IT equipment by raising quotes and orders with chosen vendors to fulfill the stock needs.
- Identify key barriers/core problems and apply problem-solving skills to resolve complex situations.
- Providing training and guidance to our customers on how to use various IT tools and applications effectively.
What You Will Bring
- In-depth knowledge of either Mac and/or PC OS environments,
- In-depth knowledge and ability to troubleshoot common productivity tools, such as O365, Email, Zoom, etc. and effectively use these tools, offer technical support, and devise solutions based on MAC and Windows technologies
- Possess a robust ability to troubleshoot IT hardware, including diagnosing and resolving issues with Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Mobile Phones, and peripherals.
- A Network knowledge which includes understanding the network principles, with an ability to use networking troubleshooting tools such as ping, traceroute and Wireshark to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Familiarity with technologies such as VPN, LAN, WAN, and wireless networks.
- Comfortable troubleshooting, Filer and print server administration, Windows Server, and Exchange connectivity.
- Strong awareness of device management tools for example Intune and JAMF and user directories (Microsoft Entra ID and Server AD)
- Strong Audio-Visual (AV) and Collaboration related skills and knowledge. Ability to train set up and troubleshoot AV equipment for meetings, presentations, and events.
- Strong understanding of Security – Anti Virus, Encryption (BitLocker), awareness of password policies and Malware
- Awareness of cloud computing environments and web-based applications.
- Strong communication skills in English both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective problem-solving skills and proactive attitude.
- Handling VIPs/SMT and Customer escalations
- Strong analytical and logical skills, problem-solving, and diagnostics skills.
- The ability to work alone and in a team as required.
- Provide ticket & communication updates, and contribute towards improvement that adheres to our standards.
- Assist in Project related activities as required.
- Ensure that all knowledge base documents related to Known Errors and Workarounds are created and reviewed.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.