Technical Support Engineer (m/f/d)
Customer Support & Services – Service Delivery /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Here at Sophos, we are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer (m/f/d). Working as part of our Network Support Group, you must be capable of delivering technical support to both our partners and global customer base on our Next Gen Firewalls and other associated network products. You will work as part of a pod of engineers and aim to deliver a great support experience to our customers and partners. You will use primarily Phone and Email to support our customer set ensuring to adhere to our support best practices and the Service Level Objectives in our support agreements. As well as working within the pod you will liaise with other parts of Technical Support and cross functional teams on a day to day basis.
What You Will Do:
- Collaboration: An ability to work collaboratively with customers, partners and colleagues to drive the best solution for the customer.
- Technical Curiosity: A demonstrable knowledge of Computer Networking and a desire to keep building on that knowledge and share it with others
- Customer Obsession: Place our customers front and centre in every decision and action carried out in the role
- Initiative: Voluntarily take the steps needed to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities
- Work as part of a pod of engineers who are responsible for resolving customers’ product issues via phone, email and chat
- Build a strong and demonstrable knowledge of our products
- Solve problems and deliver a top-quality support experience to our customers which will in turn drive customer loyalty and advocacy
- Collaborate with the next tier of Support and other departments within Sophos.
- Perform technical training and presentations of software and processes to other Sophos staff.
- Mentor and share information with colleagues to increase the knowledge in the team
- Create online help content to document helpful solutions for our customers & colleagues
- Actively contribute to the development of new or changed processes and procedures
What You Will Bring:
- Business level German and English Language (both written and verbal).
- Experience of supporting customers via phone & email within an IT environment
- Know how to frame and understand a customer issue and troubleshoot it through to resolution
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamentals of networking and systems principles including DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Subnetting, Routing Protocols, Email, SSO, Client Security and Antivirus
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols like HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SMB, DNS and DHCP
- Troubleshooting using Wireshark or similar for packet captures
- Professional certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, Sophos, ICS2, GIAC, Network+ etc. not essential but desirable
- Demonstrated self-starter who can adapt quickly between roles, duties and tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, inspiring confidence while leading customers through the steps to resolve issues
- Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux and Windows systems advantageous
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.