Technical Account Manager
Customer Support & Services – Service Delivery /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
As a Technical Account Manager, your primary responsibility will be to provide on-site or remote technical support for Sophos premium/platinum accounts and/or partners proactively and reactively.
Please note this role has to be based in Japan
What You Will Do
- Acting as a Sophos "ambassador" to a defined list of Technical Account management
- Addressing customer questions in a comprehensive manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Providing production support for a range of issues by severity
- Support Sophos products setup and configuration
- Support Sophos products installation/configuration
- Support tuning of site-specific Sophos products configuration
- Conduct in-depth needs analysis (via phone, email or in person) with customer technical administration and technical management to determine requirements and specifications of solutions in line with Sophos' best practices
- Design custom tools/products in accordance with PM/GES (Global Escalation Support) requirements and approval process
- Writing custom scripts when required
- Assist customer technical staff in design and architecture of high-complexity prospect solutions based on appropriate sizing and resiliency guidelines and engineering best practice
- Address high volume of customer questions and requirements in a quality-driven, time-sensitive, comprehensive manner to ensure prospect satisfaction - solutions will come from personal knowledge/experience, co-workers, and knowledge base systems. Work to understand the underlying business drivers/pains behind questions and address them as appropriate.
- Assist and manage frequent technical evaluations by working with customers through proof-of-concept testing and implementation with the goal of a strong recommendation
- Supporting the sales process, where appropriate, by offering technical knowledge
- Compiling report for customers to explain the root case, how to resolve and prevention from re-occurring
- Designing and delivering customer training classes for Sophos products solutions
- Occasional internal product training for sales staff, SE team, other organizational teams. Write training materials and/or whitepapers for both internal and external consumption.
- Eliciting customer requirements and specific needs
- Providing feedback to Product Development to enhance Sophos products
- Providing guidance and leadership to other members of the team
- Coordinate/attend meetings with the client and provide feedback to GES/PM when necessary.
What Will You Bring
- Technical consulting experience
- Working to project/deliverable deadlines
- Providing technical support to customers on an enterprise level
- System support and/or administration experience
- Comprehensive experience with enterprise networked environments and enterprise networking technologies (LAN/WAN, routers, gateways, firewalls, DNS, LDAP, SQL, Apache)
- System administration/support experience in Unix, Windows, and Linux
- Windows 2003/2008 Server and/or Macintosh environments
- Scripting for Unix and Windows
- Software test experience on VMWare or other virtual environment.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills – qualification and priority assessment
- Understanding of software development, release process, and lifecycle
- Understanding network protocols TCP/IP, SMB, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DHCP
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- English skill: Intermediate
- Strong presentation/demonstration/teaching skills
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.