Senior Financial Analyst, Business Planning & Analysis
Finance – Financial Planning & Analysis /
Sophos is a worldwide leader and innovator of advanced cybersecurity solutions, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and incident response services and a broad portfolio of endpoint, network, email, and cloud security technologies that help organizations defeat cyberattacks. As one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity providers, Sophos defends more than 500,000 organizations and more than 100 million users globally from active adversaries, ransomware, phishing, malware, and more. Sophos’ services and products connect through its cloud-based Sophos Central management console and are powered by Sophos X-Ops, the company’s cross-domain threat intelligence unit. Sophos X-Ops intelligence optimizes the entire Sophos Adaptive Cybersecurity Ecosystem, which includes a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity and information technology vendors. Sophos provides cybersecurity-as-a-service to organizations needing fully managed, turnkey security solutions. Customers can also manage their cybersecurity directly with Sophos’ security operations platform or use a hybrid approach by supplementing their in-house teams with Sophos’ services, including threat hunting and remediation. Sophos sells through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Sophosis looking for a highly motivated,detail-oriented Sr. Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team.
You will play a critical role in supporting Sophos Technology Group and Go-to-Market initiatives, serving as a key strategic advisor primarily for the Global Customer Support and Cloud Finance functions. Responsibilities include developing accurate financial forecasts, annual budgets,headcount analytics, long-term plans (LTP),variance explanation, financial models,KPI/analytics,process improvements, and cost optimization exercises.
What You Will Do
- Own processes around headcount, vendor-level spend, third-party hosting (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.) and other expenses to ensure accurate budget, forecast, and LTP
- Collaborate with cross functional teamsto support cost optimization,business transformation, and business intelligence initiatives
- Build and maintain financial models, reports, variance analysis, and communication materials
- Support in managing business partnering cadence, coordinating month-end processes, and driving projects (e.g., process improvements, documentation, etc.)
- Assist finance teams with ad-hoc analysis and activities(e.g., data management, metrics review, etc.)
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Finance and/or Strategic Planning ideally for a SaaS business (experience with business partnering is a plus)
- Ability to independently drive processes and/or projects with a high attention to details
- Strong analytical skills; able to build and enhance complex financial models within MS Excel
- Experience with financial planning systems and reporting cubes (Anaplan, PowerBI, SAP are pluses)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to synthesize detailed information into succinct and actionable recommendations in PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across business units to achieve results and create organizational alignment
- Self-motivated, pro-active, deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, enthusiastic, and ownership attitude; able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
Applicants in Colorado, California, Washington, and New York City may email TalentAcquisition@sophos.com for the up-to-date salary ranges for the position.
Ready to Join Us?
At Sophos, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives to fuel innovation. Research shows that candidates sometimes hesitate to apply if they don't check every box in a job description. We challenge that notion. Your unique experiences and skills might be exactly what we need to enhance our team. Don't let a checklist hold you back – we encourage you to apply.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Sophos operates a remote-first working model, making remote work the primary option for most employees. However, some roles may necessitate a hybrid approach. Please refer to the location details in our job postings for further information.
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.