Abingdon, United Kingdom /
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
We are looking for an experienced Principal Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our growing cloud development team and help us deliver high quality software for computer security. We follow an Agile methodology with frequent, iterative releases to our live AWS environment.
The team develops cloud management for Sophos’ endpoint security products, all implemented in our Sophos Central platform. We have an exciting roadmap of new features to develop and continuously release to our Cloud based customers.
In this role you will provide technical leadership to the team, architecting new features, working closely with other engineers and product owners. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest cloud technologies, working across the full software stack and contributing to infrastructure, data storage, microservices, front end UI and test automation.
- Lead the design and implementation of new features across the full software stack, leveraging modern design patterns
- Drive high quality standards through appropriate test automation coverage
- Perform code reviews and ensure design and coding adhere to Sophos standards
- Take the lead in security reviews of features to ensure that products comply with Sophos’ security requirements and industry best practice, including analysing product security concerns and presenting security documentation
- Work with UX, PM, QA and other developers in project planning, to achieve high-value and high-quality solutions which meet business needs
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, kick-offs, collaborative estimation and retrospective meetings
- Mentor more junior members of the team through pair programming and code reviews
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or other numerate discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to put together well thought-through designs for software components.
- Ability to write high quality code.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Technical problem solving and strong debugging skills.
- Good communicator, ‘can do’ attitude and a team player.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply them to the role.
- Demonstrable expertise in building cloud scale software solutions on the AWS platform.
- Use of Angular or React for building single page web applications.
- Experience with microservices and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB, Dynamo or Elasticsearch.
- Experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Docker.
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.