United Kingdom /
Product Development – Software Engineering /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in the Sophos development process by facilitating, managing, communicating and automating tasks for the deployment, configuration, management and monitoring of continuous deliveries of large cloud-based SaaS and on-prem applications. By leveraging knowledge and expertise in AWS and Kubernetes technologies, the DevOps engineer will streamline the process of quick and frequent automated builds, help elevate the Sophos development process to the next level of agility, teach and assist teams in managing and monitoring cloud applications.
- Responsible for the management and ongoing maintenance of Kubernetes platforms
- Collaborate with multiple development teams to identify needs for building and deploying their applications.
- Automate the deployment and configuration of cloud-application workloads in AWS.
- Develop, advise on, and troubleshoot management and monitoring tasks for cloud-application workloads.
- Assist teams in designing manageable, scalable and easy to monitor cloud-applications workloads.
- Troubleshoot and fix environment and configuration issues. Analyze logs and monitoring to communicate potential issues to development teams.
- Facilitate, manage and communicate information related to environments - their current state, deployed versions and availability to developers, QA engineers and team members.
- Manage and assist in the maintenance of development shared tools related to branching, tagging, building, releasing, testing and reporting.
What You Shall Bring
- Containerization technologies (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Prior development or systems operations experience
- Experience with Linux OSes such as Ubuntu / Centos
- CICD principles
- Broad range of AWS cloud computing services
- CloudFormation, EC2, ECS, EKS
- Comfortable with using version control (Git & GitHub).
- CKA – Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Infrastructure & Configuration Management (Ansible, CloudFormation)
- Communication skills and the ability to influence both internally and externally
- Experience with some scripting languages (Python, bash, etc)
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.