Technical Support Engineer (Network Security)
India / Ahmedabad, India / Bangalore, India
Marketing – Digital Online Technical Support /
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
This role is in our Network Security Group. You must be capable of delivering technical support to both our partners and global customer base on our Next-Gen Firewall/UTM Protection and other associated products. You will work as part of a team of engineers to deliver a world-class support experience to our customers and partners. You will primarily use the Chat platform to support our partners and customers. You may also be required to utilize Email, Remote troubleshooting tools, and other Social media platforms. You will adhere to our support best practices and the Service Level Objectives in our support agreements. Your responsibilities will also require you to liaise with other parts of the Sophos organization on a day-to-day basis.
What you will do
- Provide Sophos customers and partners with a world-class technical support experience within the defined parameters of the Support Runbook, with a focus on driving customer loyalty and advocacy.
- Answer questions, troubleshoot, and resolve issues reported by partners & customers; issues can include but are not limited to Installation issues, best practice configuration, network troubleshooting, and Windows, Linux, Mac, and Unix OS configuration.
- Attend Coaching, Feedback, and Huddle sessions provided by L2/Team Leader/ Manager and follow the guidelines to provide the best world-class support experience.
- Achieve monthly Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Build a strong and demonstrable knowledge of our products.
- Collaborate with teammates, senior Support engineers, and other colleagues as and when necessary to ensure we provide the ideal resolutions to partners and customers.
- Provide relevant Knowledge base Articles and documents to Customers/Partners and promote self-help options.
- Actively provide Process improvement ideas and work with L2/TL/Manager to improve or develop new processes.
- Able to complete 8 productive hours on the Chat platform. 9 hours login.
- Able to think logically and have a problem-solving attitude. Must understand Customer/Partner urgency with their issue/ situation.
- should be a fast typist, role expected to handle customer queries through Chat services
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of work experience in Troubleshooting network issues with tools like tcpdump and Wireshark
- Troubleshooting SQLite queries
- Working with bash, including scripting
- Troubleshooting Linux, including command-line interface (CLI) interactions
- Knowledge/ experience in the IT field, including experience as a Systems/Network Administrator, or a technical support role supporting Systems/Network administrators
- Knowledge/Experience with security products, such as Firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti -Spam, Anti-Virus, Web Security proxies, Email Security filters, VPNs
- Knowledge/ SQLite/Postgres
- Knowledge/ Experience with routing protocols: RIP, OSPF, and BGP
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Security+, and one of CompTIA Network+, Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification will be an added advantage.
- Should be good in Typing keywords
What's Great About Sophos?
· Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
· Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
· Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
· Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
· Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
· Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
· Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.