Senior Product Designer - (Brazil)
About Sora Schools
Sora is the virtual private middle and high school turning today’s students into tomorrow’s change-makers. We are a full-time school program accredited by Cognia, WASC, and approved by the NCAA.
Our mission is simple: build the replacement to the broken U.S. education system. No compromises, no reform. Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: making students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. Unsurprisingly, students are losing their creativity and motivation, and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our virtual program, middle and high school students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t spend their school hours attending lecture-based classes and don’t read many traditional textbooks — instead, they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! They connect with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community. We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us!
Sora is in-process of rebranding and redesigning all its digital touch points - this is the best time for a designer to join the team to innovate and design educational experiences that are engaging, intuitive, and impactful.
We are also scaling product design, service design, visual design, and the research team from the ground up. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Design and Chief Product Officer and alongside some of the best minds in the industry to build something that no one has built before: a digital school that is the most loved high school in the U.S, and one day the later rest of the world.
Location and Salary
This is a fully remote position located anywhere in Brazil or Mexico. We’re excited to build a team with a wide variety of perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage candidates to apply even if they don’t have experience in all the following areas.
We offer a competitive salary and perks based on the in-country localized market.
What you'll do:
- Work day-to-day with a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, producers, and marketing managers to design, build and test new experiences for students, parents, and teachers.
- Use user-centric design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences and powerful signature moments for our platform.
- Incrementally build the platform experience at various stages; Lead creative workshops, create wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes, and share deliverables with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with our user research and business design teams to understand the user and business needs, identify design opportunities, and create meaningful service experiences
- Communicate cross-functionally and advocate for the user at all organizational levels.
- Contribute, collaborate and grow with a talented and devoted team to improve the education system in the US and globally.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital Product Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, or related fields.
- An online portfolio demonstrating your strong design craft and collaborative process through web and mobile projects (required in application).
- Experience designing for consumer-facing web and mobile products.
- Experience conducting design research, synthesis to identify opportunities, and creating artifacts like customer journeys and service blueprints for strategic discussions.
- Comfortable defining user flows, wireframes, interface mockups, and prototypes for Mobile and Web.
- Mastery of design tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Suite.
- Strong written and verbal skills in English
And the following traits are an added bonus:
- Strong service design or systemic thinker: you should be able to gather customer insights and create end-to-end customer journeys and identify strategic opportunities.
- Experience contributing, improving, maintaining, and implementing design systems.
- Experience in designing for the education sector.
Working at Sora Schools
Sora offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment with colleagues who deeply care about our mission. We’re fully remote with members living around the world, offer all full-time team members stock options, and believe in flexibility to ensure we can all live a full life.
Equal opportunity statement
Sora Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values but also enriches our ability to do our work.
Please let your Sora contact know if you would like to request reasonable accommodations during your application or interviewing process.
All full-time team members are required to go through a background screening prior to employment upon hire. Additionally, if you are based in the U.S., we are required to complete an I-9 to confirm to show that you are authorized to work in the United States.