School Director - Remote
Atlanta, GA /
School Faculty /
Sora is a No-Compromises Approach to Building the Best School in the World.
The US education system is broken, and we’re building the team to fix that. Our mission is simple: build the replacement to the broken US education system.
Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: making students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. What’s happening? Students are losing their creativity, motivation and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our virtual program, our middle and high school students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t attend lecture-based classes or read old textbooks—they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! We connect them with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community.
We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us!
About this role
We are excited to seek a School Director who will work with the Head of schools and other faculty and staff to provide oversight of stakeholder experience at the cohort level (approximately 135-150 students). The School Director reports to the Head of Schools and manages the day to day operations of the cohort. This is an exciting role that will help shape and build the student and faculty experience as Sora quickly scales, impacting hundreds of students globally.
Note that this role is fully remote from anywhere in the US with an annual salary of $80,000 - $90,000, based on experience. We’re excited to build a team with a wide variety of perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage candidates to apply even if they don’t have experience in all the following areas.
What you'll do
- Ensure a robust, challenging, and dynamic learning environment for students
- Supervise, evaluate, and goal-set with experts, advisors, and guides
- Coordinate with track advisors and mentors to ensure comprehensive program alignment
- Manage the cohort schedule of expeditions, office hours, and activities
- Field parent questions, providing periodic communication with families, and managing ambiguous challenges with grace
- Manage new faculty and staff orientation and onboarding, in partnership with company leadership
- Preside over cohort-wide events, delegating to lead advisors when needed
- Partner with the Curriculum Director, Head of Schools, and faculty to support faculty professional growth and set a strong culture of learning for the cohort
- Make recommendations to the Head of Schools for professional development needs within cohort; coordinate cohort-level PD; make recommendations regarding employment of cohort employees to HOS
Who you are
- Believe in and honors the big ideas of all students
- Superior communication and management skills
- Passionate and creative
- A divergent thinker
- Embrace technology as a tool for learning
- Experience working with families and students from diverse backgrounds
- 5+ years of experience as an educator
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership or management role
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with mastery/competency-based learning and private schools a plus
About the Position
- This is a full-time, year-round leadership role
- Sora Schools offers a competitive salary and benefits package
- All roles are fully remote
- We are only accepting applications from individuals located within the United States