Community Coordinator - Remote
Atlanta, GA /
School Faculty /
Sora Schools is looking for a Community Coordinator to help build an engaged parent and student community and welcoming experience for our school. This is a communications and operations focused position that reports to the Director of Community. Core responsibilities revolve around community operations and engagement: coordinating events and activities, data aggregation and analysis, communications, and internal team support as needed. It is a blended role of behind-the-scenes coordination and planning and public-facing interactions. We are looking for someone energizing and uplifting to help build and scale our community!
Note that this is a fully remote position (located anywhere in the US) with an annual salary of $60,000 - $70,000/year, based on experience. We’re excited to build a team with a wide variety of perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage candidates to apply even if they don’t have experience in all the following areas.
What you'll do
- Provide memorable experiences to our community. You will help create amazing experiences and beautiful memories for our school community!
- Engage strong communication skills, both in writing and verbally. Whether you are drafting a parent email, posting an announcement in our student community, or leading an orientation event, you will constantly be communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage details and multi-task. This role will give you the responsibility of managing multiple projects and planning for and executing events and programs.
- Have a positive presence. As a representative of Sora’s brand, you should be comfortable interacting with students, parents, and faculty.
- Navigate ambiguity and change. As a high growth startup, change is constant. You’ll support our school community through times of growth by proactively solving problems and supporting customer needs.
What we're looking for
- 1-3 years experience working directly with customers (i.e. community management, program development)
- Experience managing a newsletter or community database
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Ability to work across teams and time zones
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and projects
- Ability to be flexible and positive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for education and youth
- A curious and self-directed learner and worker
- Experience leveraging community platforms and communication tools (i.e. Basecamp, Google Workplace, Discord, Facebook, Mailchimp)
- Experience with data collection & analysis
Sora is a No-Compromises Approach to Building the Best School in the World.
The US education system is broken, and we’re building the team to fix that. Our mission is simple: build the replacement to the broken US education system.
Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: making students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. What’s happening? Students are losing their creativity, motivation and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our virtual program, our middle and high school students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t attend lecture-based classes or read old textbooks—they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! We connect them with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community.
We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us!