Full-Stack Web Developer - Remote (western hemisphere)
Western Hemisphere - Remote /
Our team is looking for both Mid-Level and Senior Full-Stack Web Developers to join us in crafting new ways to interact with learning. The products we create enable Sora’s no-compromises approach to learning. This includes a learning management system for both students and faculty and administration tools to onboard and support our community. If you're a mission-drive person who loves creating beautiful software in close collaboration with users, designers, and PMs, this role is for you!
Please note this is a fully remote position and may be located anywhere in the western hemisphere. #LI-Remote
What you'll do
- Create new features on small development teams (1-3). We need independent people who are able to think like an entrepreneur and develop across the stack (React + Express).
- Take part in user research and scoping with our designers and PMs.
- Collaborate and occasionally pair program with other developers. We need team players who feel ownership over the whole app, not just their feature set.
- Be bold and ask questions that have never been asked before.
What we're looking for
- 2+ experience with React and Express. Specialists welcome, but must be familiar with both frontend and backend.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- A curious and creative learner who is eager to share knowledge and change the world around them.
- Someone who can give and take feedback effectively.
- Comfort being versatile and wearing different hats as the role and team evolve.
- Someone who’s motivated by results, and able take calculated risks independently.
Sora is a No-Compromises Approach to Building the Best School in the World.
The US education system is broken, and we’re building the team to fix that. Our mission is simple: build the replacement to the broken US education system.
Most schools continue to do the same things they’ve always done: making students memorize content, test them, score them, and rank them. What’s happening? Students are losing their creativity, motivation and are utterly unprepared to succeed in the real world.
In our virtual program, our middle and high school students work on passion-based projects that they get to create and take wherever they wish. They don’t attend lecture-based classes or read old textbooks—they’re building video games, writing fantasy novels, conducting scientific research, and more! We connect them with industry mentors to expose them to new careers and fields of study. Students learn not only the full breadth of academic subjects but also important soft skills and subjects such as financial literacy, philosophy, and more. Our school is organized in small, tight-knit cohorts so every group of students and faculty can feel close and engaged in their community.
We’ve embarked on our journey to accelerate students toward their wildest dreams. We can’t wait for you to join us!