Tech Ops/IT Analyst (Remote - Global)
San Francisco /
We are looking for an operator, analyst, and engineer to help establish our Tech Operations team. As we grow our team and customer base rapidly, we need your help implementing, building, upgrading, and maintaining the enterprise and internal applications that are straining to keep up!
Responsibilities (technical project management)
- Work closely with every other team at Sourcegraph (People, Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and more) to set goals for new tech projects.
- Build project plans (RFCs) and solicit feedback and approval from the team.
- Run buy-vs-build analyses.
- Help the Tech Ops Manager build a strategic team plan and do project prioritization.
- Run structured evaluations of vendors and applications to solve our needs.
- Manage and execute implementations, both internally, and using external consultants when necessary.
- Maintain systems and access.
- Continuously evaluate the security and compliance profiles of our systems, and ensure that we have set them up to operate in an intentional way.
Responsibilities (Custom Engineering)
- (Optional) When necessary, build custom integrations between internal systems to improve team processes or transfer data.
- (Optional) When necessary, build and deploy custom internal tools (e.g. Slack bots, custom reporting, etc.).
- Excitement for software development, our values, and our mission to make it so that everyone can code.
- 2+ years of experience working in IT, software implementation, engineering, consulting, or other roles with internal "customers.”
- Some software development experience, with an interest in learning more.
- Experience working at a fast-growing company, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Intro call with Dan Adler (VP Operations): We chat with you about Sourcegraph and to find out what you are looking for in your next role. [30 min]
- Asynchronous (take-home) project: A project to see how you break down a complex, open-ended problem into an implementation plan. [~1-2 hrs]
- Project review: We review your project [1 hr]
- Serving internal customers: Interview with managers from our People Ops and Sales Operations & Strategy teams [45 min]
- Interview with Beyang Liu (CTO) [30 min]
- We make you a job offer!
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.