Training Engineer (Remote - Global)
San Francisco /
Customer Engineering /
We are looking for our first Training Engineer to take on and evolve our product education efforts for our customers. As a Training Engineer in the Customer Engineering team, you will step in to own all existing training content, and evolve it, creating additional training materials, delivering mechanisms, and a feedback loop which measures impact and shines a lens on what we need to do more of. You will own all customer training webinars, and strive to drive “aha!” moments with our product across our customer base, which translates to better adoption and happiness.
Our team and our sales are growing fast—we’ve proven strong product-market fit, with wall-to-wall usage, Net Promoter Scores above 60, and tens of thousands of paid daily active users at some of the world’s premier development teams (Uber, Yelp, Lyft, SoFi, Quantcast, and many more).
You will be a part of the organization that ensures every Sourcegraph customer gets the most value possible out of the product, that every Sourcegraph user trusts it to answer their everyday questions, and that everyone who comes in contact with Sourcegraph sings its praises.
In the first 30 days you will…
- Go through a two week-long training program on our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Dive deep into our existing training materials and processes.
- Meet our Customer Engineering and Product teams and each of our internal organization leads.
- Become involved in our training process and take on a few customer trainings yourself.
In the first 90 days you will…
- Take full ownership of our training process.
- Run an evaluation of our training tools, materials, metrics, and processes and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Begin implementing the approved plan.
In the first year you will...
- Have created and evolved our Customer Training Program
- Be able to point to product, materials, and metric improvements which were implemented due to metrics the training process provided.
- Set the foundation for the future training team by cultivating a first class team, culture, process, and results.
- Have helped dozens of customers, and thousands of users, across organizations all over the world and across a wide variety of industries understand how to best use and therefore derive maximum value from Sourcegraph in their day-to-day development life.
- Experience or training as a software engineer or DevOps engineer, and the ability to talk to our customers (who are all developers themselves) fluently.
- A background in training, teaching, or education, especially of a (senior) technical audience, is ideal.
- (Not essential) experience in a customer-facing function, such as Sales Engineering, Success, Developer Relations, etc.
- An organized approach to work, with proven track record of using data to guide decision-making.
- Enthusiasm for building a new team and new strategy from scratch, and working on challenging open-ended problems.
- Enthusiasm for building a new team and new strategy from scratch, and working on challenging open-ended problems, while embodying our values.
- Given most of our customers and prospects are located in the U.S., candidates in U.S. timezones are preferred.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
1. You apply.
2. We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
3. We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach the job at Sourcegraph.
4. We schedule a few more hours of interviews.
5. We check your references.
6. We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.