Product Designer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a self-motivated Product Designer with the leadership skills to be the facilitator of design, and the pragmatism to be the person responsible for producing and executing the design. You will work collaboratively with product and engineering to create a highly functional and beautiful experience that delights a technical audience.
Developers love our product and rely on it daily to ship and deploy better software. Our passionate users provide a constant stream of thoughtful feedback and love engaging with us to help them and their teams solve their toughest problems.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about Sourcegraph’s features.
- Drive continual progress towards a cohesive, delightful experience for a technical audience through iterative improvements.
- Have the autonomy to facilitate conversations, identify problems, arrive at solutions, and execute designs.
- Pull together insights to propose a variety of solutions, then collaborate with product and engineering to determine the best solutions to problems.
- Use prototyping and usability testing to inform and validate designs.
- Collaborate directly with customers to inform strategy and design decisions.
- Play a key role in building design culture at Sourcegraph.
- Publish blog posts and give conference talks about your work at Sourcegraph.
We will encourage and support you to:
- Expertise in designing complex web applications as demonstrated in a strong portfolio showcasing your tried and tested process for tackling design problems, as well as high quality interaction, and visual design.
- Experience building end-to-end experiences in popular design tools (we use Figma).
- The ability to adapt your tools and processes for the velocity of a fast-paced startup where projects have varying requirement levels.
- Experience with usability testing, customer journey mapping, developing personas, wireframing and prototyping, sketching, and other UX design methods.
- The ability to proactively give maintenance to the design system when thinking about how new concepts impact the whole product.
- A knack for giving and receiving feedback, and explaining the reasoning behind your designs.
- A deep understanding of developers, and a strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Experience designing developer tools.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams on multiple projects in tandem.
- Experience building or contributing to the design of consumer or enterprise applications.
- Experience working with distributed or remote teams.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
1. You apply.
2. We set up a 30-minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
3. We schedule a 1 hour portfolio review for you to present your past work.
4. We schedule 5 hours of remote interviews over video chat across multiple days.
- Design exercise: We give you a problem statement and you walk us through your design process in a 2 hour block.
- Design strategy: We ask you about your past work and accomplishments and how you will apply that to your role at Sourcegraph.
- Team collaboration: We ask you about how you work and communicate in a team setting, and how you handle tricky situations.
- CEO/CTO: We ask you about what motivates you to do your best work, and we tell you more about the vision for the company.
5. We check your references.
6. We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.