Principal Software Engineer
Products & Services – Software Engineering
SOUTHWORKS is growing fast and hiring fast. We’re not your average dev firm – so this is a great place to build your anything-but-average dev career.
This is where top developers get the opportunity to:
Be the best – You’ll work on elite three-person Fireteams with other sharp, skilled coders who know how to do top-notch, innovative work in record time.
Grow like crazy – You’ll take the next step in your career and have plenty of opportunities for professional development through weekly feedback sessions.
Take on the challenge – You’ll be tackling new things all the time, have the freedom to self-direct your own work, and get hands-on training with the latest technologies.
Make a difference – You’ll write code for some of the biggest brands in the world, and set a new standard for high-quality, high- profile projects.
SOUTHWORKS aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that we serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
SOUTHWORKS' developers work on high- profile projects for some of the biggest brands in the world and set a new standard for high-quality. We're looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a developer, you will work on a wide-variety of projects critical to our customers' needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Principal Software Engineer at SOUTHWORKS, you’ll lead software engineering projects for some of the biggest brands in the world and influence teams that design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software. You will plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. And, you’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with one or more from the following: Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Mobile Application Development, Embedded Systems, Front End Development, Security and Privacy.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale design.
- Experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Passionate about technology.
- Experience managing execution and high quality product delivery.
- Ability to exercise technical judgment in solving software engineering challenges.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Fast learner who is comfortable figuring things out with new technology.
- Is excited to work with cutting-edge technologies before they are public.
SOUTHWORKS is the remote dev firm people turn to for their most complex, high-profile projects. You get great results without the endless hand-holding and do- overs outsourcing is known for. Too often when you bring in outsourced developers for help, you end up having to help them instead – so you spend all your time babysitting the project.
To make everything right, we bring a unique “own it, bring it, prove it” approach to software development. It’s about thinking beyond the reqs, finding the fastest way to the best outcomes, and always keeping you in the know. And it’s why companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, 7-Eleven, Discovery Networks, and even the Olympic Games count on us.
SOUTHWORKS. Make everything right.