Products & Services – Software Engineering
SOUTHWORKS is growing fast and hiring fast. We’re not your average dev firm – so this is a great place to build your anything-but-average dev career.
This is where top developers get the opportunity to:
Be the best – You’ll work on elite three-person Fireteams with other sharp, skilled coders who know how to do top-notch, innovative work in record time.
Grow like crazy – You’ll take the next step in your career and have plenty of opportunities for professional development through weekly feedback sessions.
Take on the challenge – You’ll be tackling new things all the time, have the freedom to self-direct your own work, and get hands-on training with the latest technologies.
Make a difference – You’ll write code for some of the biggest brands in the world, and set a new standard for high-quality, high- profile projects.
SOUTHWORKS aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that we serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
SOUTHWORKS' developers work on high- profile projects for some of the biggest brands in the world and set a new standard for high-quality. We're looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a developer, you will work on a wide-variety of projects critical to our customers' needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Student or recently graduated from BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Passionate about technology.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Fast learner who is comfortable figuring things out with new technology.
- Is excited to work with cutting-edge technologies before they are public.
SOUTHWORKS is the remote dev firm people turn to for their most complex, high-profile projects. You get great results without the endless hand-holding and do- overs outsourcing is known for. Too often when you bring in outsourced developers for help, you end up having to help them instead – so you spend all your time babysitting the project.
To make everything right, we bring a unique “own it, bring it, prove it” approach to software development. It’s about thinking beyond the reqs, finding the fastest way to the best outcomes, and always keeping you in the know. And it’s why companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, 7-Eleven, Discovery Networks, and even the Olympic Games count on us.
SOUTHWORKS. Make everything right.