Soylent Nutrition, Inc., the maker of Soylent and Coffiest, is a pioneer in food technology producing healthy, functional foods that are good for the body and the planet. In 2013, Founder and CEO Rob Rhinehart developed the first iteration in his kitchen after recognizing the need for a simpler, more efficient food source. Soylent uses science and technology to solve the challenges plaguing the current food system and work toward its mission of providing access to quality nutrition to people across the globe.
With its rapid expansion over the last four years, Soylent’s suite of products has grown beyond its original Powder, to ready-to-drink meals in 2015, flavor extensions, and its debut on Amazon Launchpad in 2016. Although available primarily online atSoylent.com and on Amazon, Soylent recently announced its first foray into traditional retail with 7-Eleven in the Greater LA and Austin areas - the first major step in its retail distribution plan. Soylent's innovative products include the original Powder and 14oz Ready-to-Drink bottles available in Original, Cacao, Cafe Coffiest, Cafe Vanilla, and Cafe Chai.
Soylent Nutrition, Inc. believes in managing the Company and the product by never being complacent and staying on the cutting edge of food technology and nutrition. Working at Soylent Nutrition, Inc you'll have a platform to build cool things that positively affect the world with fun and dedicated people. We also have raised over $75M in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Lerer Ventures and Y-Combinator. You’ll be able to help grow our small creative team and contribute your ideas to build this exciting brand and change the way people think about food. Soylent Nutrition, Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: The Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing all aspects of the online sales channel. This position will require looking at all elements of the product and customer mix to extrapolate useful insights with which the business can quickly take action. All aspects of the customer life cycle inclusive of trial, repeat and retention will be the core functional competency of the position. The position will be responsible for analyzing all effects related to promotional and new product performance. The position reports directly to the VP Digital & Ecommerce.
- The Data Analyst will work with internal and external teams to provide recommendations and drive eCommerce optimizations and insights
- Collaborate with members of the eCommerce team to provide analytic support to measure performance of efforts. Guide process owners in identifying key performance indicators for their areas and then build appropriate reporting that provides insight into the performance of initiatives and approaches within each area
- Provide monthly/quarterly analysis of Soylent’s online channels. Provide a summary of performance and takeaways that take into consideration all channels, devices, marketing programs, merchandising strategies and promotions. Summarize and present findings to various management levels
- Responsible for using data extraction tools to perform in-depth analysis of programs and opportunities that improve the online experience, drive more sales, and improve customer satisfaction
- Analyze data from multiple sources (online and offline data) from marketing campaigns (emails, banners and other digital marketing efforts): response rates, website conversions, feature usage, churn rate, bounce rates, incremental sales revenue increases, ROI and more
- Deliver online customer analyses, such as: Customer Segmentation, Retention Analysis, Lifetime Value Analysis, Reactivation and others
- Utilize data insights to inform the development of A/B and multivariate tests (including developing hypotheses, influencing creative, identifying success metrics and analysis) that drive improvement of key web site and customer metrics
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to evaluate data trends, understand and evaluate budget/results, upsells, ROAS, margins and KPIs and other numeric data effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation, promote enthusiasm, and both demonstrate and motivate strategic thinking
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to effectively communicate complex analysis effectively
- Expert at working with online metrics, terminology, industry best practices, and industry trends
- Experience with web analytics (ie: Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with social analytics (ie: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience with A/B Testing, usability studies, surveys, etc
- Strong analytical skills are a must
Amazing Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
Life insurance and disability benefits
Unlimited snacks, drinks, and lunches
Beautiful creative office in the heart of DTLA
Some more serious perks we would love to share in detail!