Product Education Specialist
Any location /
At Spacemaker, we are creating a platform to help the construction industry design better cities using artificial intelligence.
After searching for our initial product-market-fit, we are now ready to bring our product in front of a global audience. We believe that product education will be a key component in enabling a scalable expansion strategy. That's why we are looking to hire our first specialist within product education.
It will be your mission to equip every Spacemaker user with the knowledge they need to be successful. We are looking for a thoughtful and creative professional who loves the combination of pedagogy and technology and might even have a passion for architecture and urban planning. You are part doer, part strategist and part organisational builder, and enthusiastic about empowering others with inspiring and informative content using a mix of text, video and imagery.
This is a full-circle role, with plenty of opportunity for growth: You will be responsible for developing strategy, creating content to gathering feedback and overall shaping our product education discipline on an ongoing basis.
Maybe you currently work in product or software education, or you are a marketing or product manager with a knack for creating multimedia content. Experience in creating pedagogical material is a big plus, but we welcome applications from candidates with other backgrounds. What is non negotiable is that you must know how to communicate highly technical concepts in a non-technical way and that you possess absurdly good English skills. The location is negotiable, but you will collaborate closely with an Oslo-based team.
If you are the kind of person that takes a challenge and runs with it, then please apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Key task and responsibilities
- You will be the go-to person for content requests from our customer-facing teams, and build the customer-facing and internal knowledge bases.
- You will carry out user research to learn how we can best support different user types through the customer journey.
- You will plan and execute a customer education strategy that drives high product engagement and usage.
- You will build highly engaging content in a multitude of formats to make onboarding smooth, educate our users, and empower them to be successful in our software.
- You will write, edit and proofread, and improve the contributions of others to ensure quality, clarity and consistency.
- You will act as a facilitator/coach for our Product teams, Industry Experts and Customer Success Managers.
- You will collaborate with our Product and Marketing team to prepare and execute content plans for new product releases.
- You will continually assess the impact and performance of product education material through quantitative and qualitative measures.
Skills and Experience
- Likely a bachelor’s degree in e.g. Journalism, Media, Marketing, or another relevant field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience producing multimedia content (text, image and video) in a similar role
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in English. Knowledge of working with additional languages a bonus
- Comfort working with, or possess a willingness to learn, tools like Google Suite, Intercom, video editing software (e.g. Premiere, iMovie, ...), analytics applications (Google Analytics, Mixpanel or other BI software), and potentially image editing software (e.g. Illustrator, Canva or Photoshop,...).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a software development organisational or a similar fast-paced agile environment is a plus
We are actively looking to fill this role and encourage candidates to contact us as soon as possible, and no later than October 31.
It will be helpful for our evaluation if you can provide a portfolio, or at least work samples, showcasing past work.