Architect & Solutions Consultant
Oslo, Norway /
Business development /
We offer the fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing proptech companies in the world, currently employing 100+ people across Norway (HQ), Sweden, Finland, France, Spain and the US (Boston). Spacemaker closed a significant series-A venture round of 25 mUSD in 2019 and we are now entering the next phase of international expansion. To support our ambitions we are searching for an Architect/Urban planner to be the spearhead of taking Spacemaker globally!
Are you passionate about the real estate/architecture industry and want to help shape the future way of working in early-stage real estate development? Look no further!
What we do: Spacemaker develops game-changing AI software for real estate developers and architects. Spacemaker’s software can help users develop & evaluate a large number of solutions for building design on a given property – enabling customers to make better informed decisions and to make developments to be overall more efficient, effective, and sustainable. We are already experiencing a very strong, global demand for our software and looking to strengthen our business development capabilities with world-class talent. We hope this is you!
A sneak peek into Spacemaker: https://vimeo.com/340901989
As an Architect/Urban planner you will, in the role as Solutions Consultant, be a part of Spacemaker's Business Development function, and a core member of a dedicated ring-fenced expansion team focusing on entering new international markets. You will be developing and driving Spacemaker's process for showcasing the software's value in new markets - from the initial product demo flow, to supporting customers in pilot projects and training of new users. We imagine you to be multilingual (English and native fluency in German a must), commercially minded, have solid customer-facing experience, be a great communicator/story-teller, technical savvy, and possess great knowledge of the real estate/architecture industry.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Prepare for and attend client meetings with new market prospects, delivering tailored demos of our AI product and providing appropriate technical and industry expertise
- Work closely and collaboratively with prospects on their live projects to showcase and document improvement potential/value identified through Spacemaker
- Play a key role in driving international market trials and pilots (e.g., striking partnerships with architectural offices, onboard, train, and support beta users, collect feedback )
- Ensure that new market requirements are adequately reflected in the company’s product roadmap, where appropriate
- Support marketing events in new markets
- Fluent in English and native in German - additional languages very positive (Polish, French, Spanish, Dutch)
- Architect/Urban planner with business mindset and minimum 3-6 years of experience within residential/mixed-use development
- MBA and/or business development/sales experience a strong nice to have
- Good technical acumen and high level of proficiency in software tools (e.g., Revit, Archicad, Rhino, Grasshopper etc.)
- A story-teller with ability to communicate, both verbally and through documents, technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand
- A problem solver who is prepared to use their initiative and present solutions rather than issues; the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with the flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks in an organized way, and the ability to prioritize and work effectively
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to pivot and adapt to changing requirements whilst maintaining a consistent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, reliable and hard-working, with a strong work ethic
- A genuine team player, with a "can-do" attitude
- Highly motivated and willing to travel