What is Spacious?
Spacious offers a new way to access the most important urban centers of commerce, creativity, and humanity. Using a unique approach to commercial property, we can increase access to our densest and most valuable urban destinations. We believe that the diversity of people, ideas, and resources is what makes cities attractive, and Spacious seeks to remove the artificial boundaries that otherwise might prevent many of us from participating in everything that cities have to offer.
The first part of our mission is focused on making unused spaces available during the hours that they're not being used, starting with high end restaurants that are closed before dinner. We open the doors to these beautiful spaces in their off hours, creating a space where our members can work, meet, connect, and be creative.
We are fundamentally changing how urban dwellers interact with their city. We do this through a unique business model, extraordinary hospitality, and an obsession with building seamless technology that underpins the entire operation. Everything we do, and all the technology we build, is designed to make the lives of every stakeholder simpler, easier, and more empowering.
What is the role?
We’re looking for a creative problem solver to work closely with our members, designers, engineers and other internal stakeholders to grow Spacious into a global service. You will join a tight, fast-moving team serving as the product lead on a wide range of projects, such as our responsive web app, a native iOS app, two internal admin tools, and a tablet-based kiosk that sits by the door at each of our locations.
As the Spacious team grows, there will be opportunities for growth to take the lead on larger initiatives. The role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
What you will achieve:
- Spacious domain expertise: You’ll spend your first month learning everything about how Spacious enables the unique service we offer our members. You’ll learn how all the pieces fit together, and quickly see where things can be improved. You’ll have earned the trust and respect of the team.
- You’ll ship stuff! By the end of month three you will have shipped at least one project that either our member base, or our internal stakeholders will use.
- Take ownership: Ultimately you’ll take full product ownership of key initiatives
- Help us expand the service to multiple cities: Our highest priority is to expand the Spacious service to other cities around the country. To do this, there will be a combination of consumer-facing projects, as well as internally facing project to evolve the tools our colleagues use to manage, monitor and report.
What we expect:
- A Breadth of Experience: You’ve gone through an entire product cycle, and shipped a high quality consumer-facing products or service and can talk through the process behind them.
- Love for the Craft: You’ve got a lot to say about the art & science ofproduct management and can speak fluently about what goes into building the right product at the right time.
- Clear Communication: You can be inspiring, persuasive, and can tailor your communication styleto various stakeholders such as engineering, design, marketing, and C-level executives.
- Data-focused: Integrate user research, market analysis, and community feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs, as well as wants, but with strong opinions and intuition about how to make great product. We're in the early stages of building a large-scale service, so we lean toward experimentation and speed and aim to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Well Respected: People who have worked with you in the past would love to work with you again and will be depressed when they find out you’ve joined another team and not theirs :)
- Technical Savvy: While we don’t expect you to be an engineer, we do expect you to have a solid technical grasp of how the modern web and services function so you can earn the respect and trust of our engineering team, weigh in on important decisions, and make meaningful recommendations for how to deliver more value to our customers and restaurant partners. (Experience with managing/wrangling APIs, Microservices, IoT communication protocols like BTLE, NFC, etc. a major plus)
What you can expect:
• A membership to Spacious. We don’t have an office or central headquarters. Instead we work out of our locations, side by side with our customers
• Flexible schedule. Work when and where you want, including from home
• Unlimited vacation
• 80% of health, dental & vision insurance
• One Medical and Teledoc
• Paid parental leave
• Life insurance
• Citi Bike membership
• Wage works commuter benefits
• 50% reimbursement for a personal computer
At Spacious, we don’t just accept differences in background and perspective - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Spacious is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.