Senior Software Engineer
Senior Full-stack Engineer at Spare 👊
You will be helping build out a platform that truly makes an impact on the lives of people around the globe, with a team that believes in accessibility and autonomy (with our cars and with our people). As a Senior Engineer, you will be bringing strong engineering processes and standards to a scrappy, high-performing team.
What you'll do
- Design, code, test, document, and release new features using a combination of tools and languages, including Node.JS, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL databases
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Spare's engineering teams
- Expand our product offering to include key features our customers really want
- Be a technical leader on the team by demonstrating an unrelenting focus on quality, speed, and overall excellence
- Iterate and improve upon current engineering processes, to create efficiencies and ensure a 99.99% uptime
- Look at the bigger picture and influence the longer-term strategic design of our features
- Innovate with us!
Who you are
- You have strong experience in multiple coding languages and consider yourself an expert in your languages of choice
- You have experience in Node.JS, TypeScript, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL databases
- You have a Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- You have a passion for maintaining the integrity of the software architectural design and have a natural ability to identify scalable solutions to technical problems
- You strive for both beauty and functionality in products that you design
- You have experience working in large, highly-structured organizations, as well as scrappy start-ups, which has given you the ability to bring strong processes and efficiencies to different organizations
- You consider yourself a leader and a mentor because you take initiative and are proud if the work that you do.
Spare HQ is located in Vancouver, Canada and preference will be for candidates in the PST/CST/EST timezone range in order to maintain seamless communication with the rest of the engineering team. This position can be 100% remote or Vancouver-based.
What we're doing @ Spare
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand microtransit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We're still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare's direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit. Let's change it together!
About Our Team
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
What we offer
🏠Work from anywhere - anytime!
🏔Downtown Vancouver Offices/Subsidized co-working spaces available
⚕️Health Benefits Plan
💻Brand new Macbook
🏋️♀️ Gym Access for Vancouver-based employees
🎉Monthly socials and other organized events
🥪Employee-lead Lunch & learns
👥Monthly 1:1s and Performance Reviews to keep you on track
🌎A team that's changing the world!