Technology – Software Development /
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to work with one of our US-based clients, which operates acclaimed entertainment, news and sports broadcasting networks reaching hundreds of millions of viewers worldwide through linear and nonlinear TV with some of the most iconic programming and largest sporting events in the world.
In this project, you will join a team made up of three other engineers and reporting to a director. There's no product team telling you what to build, so ideal candidates will be comfortable digging in, putting themselves in the shoes of others, and have the ability to self-prioritize work. We are looking for a smart, proactive, and inquisitive iOS Engineer who feels comfortable challenging existing ways of doing things, is not afraid to ask questions and bring ideas, likes to learn, enjoys using new technologies and being challenged.
As an iOS Engineer, you will:
- Help develop reusable components that will be used by a number of the clients’ businesses (Sports, Entertainment, etc.)
- Work on developing code in Swift 5 that interfaces with the client's back-end services via APIs
- Translate business feature requirements into high quality reusable mobile SDKs
- Collaborate to design core mobile SDK architecture. Develop and maintain new and existing SDKs and white-label mobile applications
- Participate in the design and development of complex, multi-threaded applications
- Translate resource, error handling and data model into ideal view layer abstraction
- Continuous integration, iterative development and TDD
- Participate in code reviews
- Facilitate test planning and participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of new and existing mobile SDKs
You are the one if you have:
- +2 years of iOS development experience using Swift
- Significant experience with developing frameworks, libraries and/or SDKs for iOS applications
- Familiarity with CocoaPods
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and client-server architectures
- Robust understanding of iOS app life cycle
- Knowledge of programming design patterns, object oriented paradigm, memory management, multi threading and network requests
- Experience working with distributed teams and clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry is a big plus.
Our Engineers bring the vision and goals of our clients to life by bringing experience and passion to the software development process. Spark Digital Engineers take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
Do you bring experience and passion to your work and team? Does seeing a software product take shape and come to life make you happy? If yes, you’d fit right in at Spark Digital and we’d love to talk about the iOS Engineer role we’re looking to fill.