Ssr/Sr Node Engineer
Technology – Software Development /
We are looking for a Ssr/Sr Software Engineer to work with one of our US-based clients, which is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. Our client is committed to family-friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media, and publishing platforms. Their programming reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide in 25 languages.
Our client is looking for a new group of engineers to join a remote team to work across their various systems. The project consists of refactoring the publishing systems into a service-oriented architecture and splitting out back-end applications to API-focused. Also, building new persona-driven client-side applications across services. Their existing systems are as follows:
- MDM - master data management - this is a homegrown metadata management and versioning system that houses the definitive information about all of their digital assets that are then integrated with downstream systems that manage files, transfer files to partners, etc.
- VMS - video management system - a homegrown video CMS to manage the streaming-quality video files. Master metadata flows in from MDM and additional file-based metadata is added. Feeds are then generated from VMS to streaming platform providers.
- CMS - content management system - this is a Drupal 7 implementation of their main webpage, training center, and event landing page sites.
You’re the one if you have:
- Deep knowledge of Node.js and Typescript
- Experience architecting and implementing APIs with Rest, GraphQL, and gRPC
- Demonstrated experience architecting scalable applications, but also pragmatic when it comes to implementing solutions within tight deadlines
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment and platforms,especially npm, GIT and Gitlab
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiarity with software development methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban
It’s a big plus if you have:
- Willingness to learn AWS, serverless lambda, and S3
Our Engineers bring the vision and goals of our clients to life by bringing experience and passion to the software development process. Spark Digital Engineers take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
Do you bring experience and passion to your work and team? Does seeing a software product take shape and come to life make you happy? If yes, you’d fit right in at Spark Digital and we’d love to talk about the Software Engineer role we’re looking to fill.