Sr Data Engineer
Technology – Software Development /
We are looking for a Data Engineer to work with one of our US-based clients, who is using AI technologies to reinvent the real estate and insurance industries. They are a leader in commercial real estate data and insights, financed by renowned VCs including Intel Capital. Their award-winning platform provides a “single source of truth” to decision makers to evaluate opportunities and trends faster and more accurately, while saving millions of dollars in manual data collection and analytics costs.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of designing and implementing server-side services to ingest, organize, analyze, and display real estate data and insight. The insights help real estate owners, investors, insurance companies, and others, to make critical decisions such as whether to invest, sell, upgrade, redevelop, provide coverage to properties, and more.
In this project you will:
- Develop and implement ETL processes
- Design data warehouse solutions to support ETL processes and data analytics applications
- Write SQL/NoSQL database queries, store procedures, triggers, user defined functions, and analytics functions, among others
- Own features that you develop end-to-end. You will develop and test your code, implement new processes in production, and maintain and support them over time
- Drive improvement to the data platform and help evolve the clients technology stack and development best practices
- Develop assigned features to meet product requirements and perform unit testing
You are the one if you have:
- Experience in database technologies and data warehousing
- Hands on experience with SQL, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, DBT and large-scale distributed storage and database systems
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with service oriented architectures and a strong understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, and indexing (experience with event sourcing and/or CQRS preferred)
- Knowledge of ETL processes
- Hands on experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Ability to communicate well with technical and non technical teams
- Written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Google Cloud are a plus.
Our Engineers bring the vision and goals of our clients to life by bringing experience and passion to the software development process. Spark Digital Engineers take pride in elegant and robust solutions that bring peace of mind to those who rely on them.
Do you bring experience and passion to your work and team? Does seeing a software product take shape and come to life make you happy? If yes, you’d fit right in at Spark Digital and we’d love to talk about the Data Engineer role we’re looking to fill.